I bought Collector's first...

Page 6 of 6 (104 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6
This post has 103 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 44
aboutthelord | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 10:42 PM

and actually it may be more that $440, If you read the whole sentence on the website it says as long as you buy a base package, you get $10 per "every" $100 you "spend". so could be more...

Blessed Be Your Name O God!

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 10:57 PM

aboutthelord:
so I went with the 3 base packages deal and added Nicot/nicnt...

Whew! I feel like I've ridden the decision rollercoaster with you! Party!!! It's been a pleasant and fun ride.  Glad to hear you landed on a great set and saved some money.  Praying the Holy Spirit leads you through some really edifying study of God's Word from here on!

aboutthelord:
I already watched the Morris proctor and LT261 videos... need to get on LT271 next.

The forums are full of links to affordable and helpful Logos training.  I also have found that knowing someone to walk you through the first steps of the software is pretty helpful too. Maybe you can find a local Logosian to help you in a pinch, or spend an hour or two getting you setup.  

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Posts 44
aboutthelord | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 11 2017 11:33 PM

Most of the people I know complain because Logos costs money. They would rather use Studylite or whatever is cheaper... I have been in those shoes before, and there is a happy middle between thinking that "Anything Christian/ministry should be free", and "Overcharging just because you can". I really struggle with some Authors prices, I will be honest, but if there was no market for this stuff, we would still be thumbing through our entire, ancient, rare, even more expensive library. I am willing to pay to help keep the company going, however I feel I over paid a little. Digital libraries is one of those things that people feel they are entitled to. Like music, I was like most other kids in the late 90's early 00's, I would share cds with friends until a good buddy called me out (I am 32 btw). So you got to pay to play...

So long story short... Good luck finding someone with a Logos Library in Warner Robins/Macon Georgia. You never know, there may be someone around.

Blessed Be Your Name O God!

Posts 492
Richard Villanueva | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 12 2017 10:53 AM

aboutthelord:
You never know, there may be someone around.

You'd be surprised.  I've reconnected with a person or two from years ago from the forums out of nowhere. And all from a picture of a coffee mug.  

aboutthelord:
Most of the people I know complain because Logos costs money.

Of writing complaints, there is no end.  Or something like that.  I've assumed that if I was to go out and buy 500-1000 dead tree books that would be expensive. And I would never read or properly use them.  With Logos, I'm spending that and actually using them to varying degrees. I guess you pay a "professional" price for "professional" tools.  But, that is an argument for another thread and another day.

MBPro'12 / i5 / 8GB // 3.0 Scholars (Purple) / L6 & L7 Platinum, M&E Platinum, Anglican Bronze, P&C Silver / L8 Platinum, Academic Pro

Page 6 of 6 (104 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 | RSS