This may sound silly but has anyone else ever had this feeling????

Page 1 of 1 (17 items)
This post has 16 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 508
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 13 2017 1:36 PM

It was a while back..  I was studying the Word one day using my Logos and all the sudden I was like man when my time comes and I go to heaven, I wish I could take my Logos with me..   I mean I firmly believe we won’t stop learning once we get to heaven. In fact, I have heard it said that God is so great and His depth is so great that even in eternity we can never learn all there is to know of Him..   I can’t wait.  And I can’t wait to see what kind of tools we will have.  

Posts 5322
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 1:46 PM

Rodney Phillips:

It was a while back..  I was studying the Word one day using my Logos and all the sudden I was like man when my time comes and I go to heaven, I wish I could take my Logos with me..   I mean I firmly believe we won’t stop learning once we get to heaven. In fact, I have heard it said that God is so great and His depth is so great that even in eternity we can never learn all there is to know of Him..   I can’t wait.  And I can’t wait to see what kind of tools we will have.  

Not totally silly for we have no concept of living in eternity and it we will have unlimited time but I suspect most of our favorite resources won't be in heaven. For they all problem has errors of interpretation within them somewhere along the line. Starter, Bronze, Silver, Gold, Platinum, Portfolio and Collectors will all be insignificant.  And Logos Now will be replaced by Eternity Now.

Posts 7388
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 2:26 PM

Or it will probably  be just as easy as Jesus opening our understanding so we can grasp everything without the need of tools. Remember it'll be a spiritual realm not physical.

DAL

Posts 5287
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 2:33 PM

One time I sort of felt that way... 

“For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.” (1 Corinthians 13:12–13 New Revised Standard Version of the Bible)

-dan

Posts 7388
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 4:51 PM

Dan Francis:

One time I sort of felt that way... 

“For now we see in a mirror, dimly, but then we will see face to face. Now I know only in part; then I will know fully, even as I have been fully known. And now faith, hope, and love abide, these three; and the greatest of these is love.” (1 Corinthians 13:12–13 New Revised Standard Version of the Bible)

-dan

👍 We'll know fully 👌 In the sweet by and by!

Posts 576
Brad | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 8:00 PM

Rodney Phillips:

Rodney, you might have to pay a $20 Logos transfer fee.  Smile

Posts 1304
Mike Tourangeau | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 9:02 PM

DAL:
Remember it'll be a spiritual realm not physical.

I am not sure I agree. It will be "spiritual" as in animated by the Spirit, but it will most definitely be a "physical" reality. Our resurrected bodies are tangible  physical bodies.......fashioned after our Lord's resurrected body. I suspect we will learn and grow in knowledge in eternity.....thankfully without the hindrance of sin.

If this is so....I hope I can keep my Logos :)

Posts 512
Liam Maguire | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 13 2017 10:32 PM

Brad:

Rodney, you might have to pay a $20 Logos transfer fee.  Smile

Logos Eternity Crossgrade?

Carpe verbum.

Posts 7388
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 14 2017 1:17 AM

Mike Tourangeau:

DAL:
Remember it'll be a spiritual realm not physical.

I am not sure I agree. It will be "spiritual" as in animated by the Spirit, but it will most definitely be a "physical" reality. Our resurrected bodies are tangible  physical bodies.......fashioned after our Lord's resurrected body. I suspect we will learn and grow in knowledge in eternity.....thankfully without the hindrance of sin.

If this is so....I hope I can keep my Logos :)

Well, heaven is a spiritual realm and no flesh and blood will enter there. So regardless of what our new resurrected "physical" bodies will look like, we will not be limited by the things that limit us here on earth; especially our knowledge of things. I'm really looking forward to having a lot of mysteries revealed to us and if nothing gets revealed it's ok as long as I'm in heaven not in hell 😁

Posts 5
EZ | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 14 2017 5:22 AM

The dynamic might be different when you want to find out more about glossolalia and can just say "Hey, Paul..."

Posts 52
Eduardo Espiritu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 14 2017 10:00 AM

Two comments.  There is no living without growth. Secondly, I will petition God to hide mathematical truth beyond my peak from me and then spend eternity going from what I knew to developing my own proofs of Hilbert's problems. http://mathworld.wolfram.com/HilbertsProblems.html

Spending eternity contemplating and discovering God's creation, mathematics, is my basic plan.

I don't doubt that you will find some equivalent experience researching the chronology of God's revelation of himself to humanity.

Posts 774
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 14 2017 11:22 AM

Having Logos in Heaven would be great!  I would finally have enough time to figure out how to use all the features!

Posts 1889
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 14 2017 11:46 AM

Sorry... it sounds like an earthly attachment or idolatry? idk...

Posts 225
MWW | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 14 2017 2:44 PM

Posts 5287
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 15 2017 12:13 PM

mike:

Sorry... it sounds like an earthly attachment or idolatry? idk...

Fair enough, I think it would make for interesting discussions in heaven... 

Jesus: That's not eactly what i said..

Mortal: But its right here in the KJV (or NIV)....

Jesus: You do know I didn't speak english when i was on earth....... 

I think of aquinas and his massive intellect and work, coming face to face with a divine encounter and saying to effect, all i have written is like straw i cannot write any more...... As wonderful and glorious as it all is in eternity with God o suspect will seem less import than a crayon scribble on piece of paper.

-dan

Posts 149
Alexander Fogassy | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 21 2017 7:53 AM

Ed Espiritu, 

Speaking of Hilbert, I am curious to know the answer to Godel's Continuum Hypothesis, especially since it has been proven that it can't be proven nor can it be proven false. And also the incompleteness theorem. 

And also perhaps being able to fully grasp the magnitude of Graham's number, or be able to "experience" the dimensionality of Monster groups....so many possibilities! 

Posts 8635
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 21 2017 12:43 PM

I had a professor who stated that his view of heaven couldn't be backed up with scripture.  But as he hoped, once the first few billion years had passed (or whatever), God would gather everyone around and start reading.....

"In the Beginning I created the heavens and the earth..."  He would pause and explain and clarify - answering questions - and occasionally pointing out where little Tcblack had something all wrong - but was forgiven, and then would go on to the next verse."

I fell in love with his vision.

Since that time, I have often dreamed of that day when I shall know fully even as I am fully known.

Maranatha.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Page 1 of 1 (17 items) | RSS