Logos 7 Mac Feedback

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 17 2017 9:29 PM

I've returned to using an iMac after a year on Windows (got tired of Windows 10; using my old iMac for now and getting an iMac Pro next year). I have some feedback to send along for Logos 7 on a Mac:

1. I'd like an option to be able to retain launching Logos in Full Screen Mode after restarting Logos. Right now I can't, and I'd really like this option.

2. I'd like to be able to use the San Fransisco system font for resources. Right now I haven't figured out how to pull this off. I'd like to use a little "lighter" font for reading.

3. I can't seem to be able to delete Self Tests results in Logos. If there's a way to do it, I'd love to hear it. If not, it'd be a good feature to add in the future. I took some self tests for some Mobile Ed courses I accessed via Logos Now, and now that I don't have the courses, I'd like to delete the Self Tests results.

4. I'd like to see an option to open maps from the Atlas in Apple Maps in addition to Google Maps and Bing.

5. I've noticed there's a new "Show Word by Word Indicator" in Logos. What is this and how does this work?

6. I'd still like to see an option to delete uploaded compiled Personal Books (I know I mentioned this one in the past). There's a couple of Personal Books I've hidden because the formatting is so butchered (and try as I might to clean up the formatting, it just wouldn't clean up) that trying to search these in Logos is just too painful. I can hide them for now, but the option to permanently delete compiled personal books would be great for instances like this.

7. The bug I mentioned with the interactive New Testament Use of the Old Testament that shows all Greek in the OT column instead of English and Greek is still ongoing. I can post some screenshots and my Logos version number here if need be. I remember posting this a while back. I think MJ Smith confirmed the bug for me a while back.

Thanks again!

Nathan Parker

Visit my blog at http://focusingonthemarkministries.com

Posts 29473
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 18 2017 4:19 AM

Nathan Parker:
I'd like an option to be able to retain launching Logos in Full Screen Mode after restarting Logos.

Yes I have asked about this many times, but never received a satisfactory answer. 

Nathan Parker:
I'd like to be able to use the San Fransisco system font for resources.

That isn't legal or permissible. From the agreement: 

LICENSE AGREEMENT:

2. Permitted License Uses and Restrictions.

A. Limited License. Subject to the terms of this License, you may use the Apple Font solely for creating mock-ups of user interfaces to be used in software products running on Apple’s iOS, OS X or tvOS operating systems, as applicable. The foregoing right includes the right to show the Apple Font in screen shots, images, mock-ups or other depictions, digital and/or print, of such software products running solely on iOS, OS X or tvOS.

You may use this Apple Font only for the purposes described in this License and only if you are a registered Apple Developer, or as otherwise expressly permitted by Apple in writing.

B. Other Use Restrictions. The grants set forth in this License do not permit you to, and you agree not to, install, use or run the Apple Font for the purpose of creating mock-ups of user interfaces to be used in software products running on any non-Apple operating system or to enable others to do so. You may not embed the Apple Font in any software programs or other products.  Except as expressly provided for herein, you may not use the Apple Font to, create, develop, display or otherwise distribute any documentation, artwork, website content or any other work product. 

Except as otherwise expressly permitted by the terms of this License or as otherwise licensed by Apple: (i) only one user may use the Apple Font at a time, and (ii) you may not make the Apple Font available over a network where it could be run or used by multiple computers at the same time. You may not rent, lease, lend, trade, transfer, sell, sublicense or otherwise redistribute the Apple Font in any unauthorized way.

The ONLY permissible use of that typeface is to create UI mockups for macOS, tvOS or iOS apps. Using it as a resource font, even on mac, isn't allowed. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 29473
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 18 2017 4:24 AM

Nathan Parker:
I'd like to see an option to open maps from the Atlas in Apple Maps in addition to Google Maps and Bing.

If its possible, Yes

Nathan Parker:
I've noticed there's a new "Show Word by Word Indicator" in Logos.

That isn't new. It works on audiobook resources tied to ebook resources. It does just what it says. As an example, try the ESV. 

Nathan Parker:
I'd still like to see an option to delete uploaded compiled Personal Books

Yes

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 18 2017 5:14 AM

alabama24:

Nathan Parker:
I'd still like to see an option to delete uploaded compiled Personal Books

Yes

I've completely avoided Personal Books for that very reason.

(I wish we also had an option to delete a deleted document from documents.logos.com.)

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 18 2017 5:40 PM

Thanks everyone for the feedback. Much appreciated.

A few comments:

1. Thanks for the clarification on San Francisco. Now I see why I can't easily find the font in any macOS programs as a font choice. :-) Is there a way in Logos Mac to change from Helvetica Neue to Helvetica Neue Light? That's the font I'm using in another Bible program, and it looks clean. Would like to use that in Logos as it's close to San Francisco without violating any laws. :-)

2. I think there's a Maps API Faithlife can look into for adding an Apple Maps link to Logos Mac. Would be nice if they could pull it off since I'm trying to use more Apple services when possible.

3. Thanks for the info on the word by word indicator. I guess I've overlooked it for a while. :-)

Nathan Parker

Posts 29473
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 18 2017 6:10 PM

Nathan Parker:
Thanks for the info on the word by word indicator. I guess I've overlooked it for a while

It had indeed been around for a while, but you only see it as an active option with "audiobook" resources. Those have been increasing of late, and FL has been adding them to base packages (perhaps to whet users appetite).

Posts 1751
Nathan Parker | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 18 2017 7:03 PM

alabama24:

Nathan Parker:
Thanks for the info on the word by word indicator. I guess I've overlooked it for a while

It had indeed been around for a while, but you only see it as an active option with "audiobook" resources. Those have been increasing of late, and FL has been adding them to base packages (perhaps to whet users appetite).

Got it. Thanks for the info!

Nathan Parker

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS