When Logos installed to the latest version, it cannot start-up. Please help

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 49
Davy Wang | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jul 24 2017 9:33 PM

Hi Logos,

Today I open my Logos, and it download about 200MB data (including the latest main software version 7.8.0.31), after it install automatically, then I click the pop-up info to restart the main program.

Then it fails to open the program.

Meanwhile, the indexing starting at background, when it finished, I click Logos again, but still cannot start up, please check the screen capture above.

Can anyone help me how to solve this?

If you need the log file, how I can make it?  because the main program even cannot startup.

Waiting for your response.

Best regards.

Davy.

Posts 19839
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 25 2017 12:32 AM

Davy Wang:
If you need the log file, how I can make it?  because the main program even cannot startup.

Step 4 at https://www.logos.com/support/windows/report-problem shows you how to ensure that logging will run

Posts 49
Davy Wang | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 25 2017 6:02 AM

5327.Logos Log Files.zip

I create the log files as attached here.

The main program cannot start up.

Posts 239
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 25 2017 7:32 AM

Davy Wang:

5327.Logos Log Files.zip

I create the log files as attached here.

The main program cannot start up.

I'm sorry this update is causing you problems. We will be investigating this issue and let you know when we have a resolution.

While we're investigating you may have success by starting the application with the control key held down. Then choose "Work offline" in the dialog that is shown.

Ryan

Posts 239
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 25 2017 8:22 AM

Davy,

We would love to see a copy of your local preferences if you don't mind. We expect it to help us answer some questions about what's going on. 

C:\Users\wdg\AppData\Local\Logos\Documents\erkjhfuz.gcs\LocalUserPreferences\PreferencesManager.db

It's also possible that moving this file will resolve your startup issues (though  we can't say that for sure at this point).

Ryan

Posts 239
LogosEmployee
Ryan Gano (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 25 2017 8:28 AM

Also, it would be very helpful to see C:\Users\wdg\AppData\Local\Logos\Users\UserManager.db

Rather than post that file publicly I'd like to have to send to it testing@faithlife.com

Posts 49
Davy Wang | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 25 2017 3:20 PM

Dear Ryan,

Thank you for your suggestion. It works!  I move out the "PreferencesManager.db", then my Logos can open successfully.

I also send my "PreferencesManager.db" and "UserManager.db" files to testing@faithlife.com for further investigation or improvements.

Thank you.

Best regards.

Davy.

Posts 1695
LogosEmployee

Note that removing this file may have reset some of your local settings (ones that are specific to a particular installation, and are not synced with other machines). This includes the "use internet" setting, which was most likely the cause of the problem.

Posts 1769
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 27 2017 10:55 AM

Davy Wang:

Hi Logos,

Today I open my Logos, and it download about 200MB data (including the latest main software version 7.8.0.31), after it install automatically, then I click the pop-up info to restart the main program.

Then it fails to open the program.

Meanwhile, the indexing starting at background, when it finished, I click Logos again, but still cannot start up, please check the screen capture above.

Can anyone help me how to solve this?

Waiting for your response.

Best regards.

Davy.

This startup crash has been fixed with Logos 7.8 (7.8.0.0034).

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS