How to get talmud to show up in Exegetical Guide

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 360
Jeremiah | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 26 2017 9:28 AM

Concerning this resource which I just purchased:

Babylonian and Jerusalem Talmud 

Each page in talmud references several scriptural passages. This resource has over 25,000 pages.

Yet it doesn't show up anywhere in the exegetical guide when I do a search.

Is there something I need to do to get it to show up?

Also, it seems my other resources are not "plugged in" to this Talmudic resource.

See the screen shot bellow. This is from "The Mesorah of BHS". Note there are no links to the talmudic references and clicking on them does nothing. Yes I can do a power source then I get all the places IN the talmudic tractates which reference that particular tractate...

Am I doing something wrong ?

Thanks, Jeremiah

Dead languages are my mid-life crisis

Posts 3620
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 26 2017 11:51 AM

Hi Jeremiah,

You need to add the Ancient Literature section to your Guide. It automatically shows up in the Passage Guide, but can be added to an Exegetical Guide. 

Posts 468
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 26 2017 9:54 PM

Thanks Philana. 

Adding the Ancient literature panel to the exegetical guide does bring the relevant Talmudic reference when examining Scripture. This is a very useful capability.

However, Jeremiah is right regarding the resource "Masorah of the BHS". While having references to the Talmud in the text, there seems to be no actual link to allowing an immediate movement to the Talmud. I tested this with a number of Talmud resources and found that the "Masorah of the BHS". did not appear to be linked. Is it possible for this volume to be placed on the list for an update of links?   Keep well  Paul

Posts 360
Jeremiah | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 26 2017 10:42 PM

Thank you Philana and Paul!

Great to have the Talmud showing up in my Exegetical searches now. 

Thanks also for the move to update the Masorah book.

G-d bless!

Dead languages are my mid-life crisis

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS