Verbum hanging on computer start up

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 12
Deacon David H. Delaney | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 26 2017 10:08 AM

Since the Verbum 7.8.0.0031 update, Verbum hangs on the initial start of Verbum after starting up the computer (the loading icon [circle with rotating arrows next to "Layouts"] rotates incessantly but the layout never loads.  The problem resolves after closing Verbum (I have to force it to quit) and reopening and doesn't recur until I reboot the computer.  I am running an iMac with MacOS Sierra 10.12.6.  This is the first time I have had this happen so I assume it is something to do with the new Verbum release?  

Posts 29345
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 26 2017 12:28 PM

David Delaney:
I assume it is something to do with the new Verbum release?

Perhaps, but I am not experiencing this with Logos on the same build. Please post logs (see my signature line). 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 12

I sampled it twice, once after waiting about an hour (see attached), and one soon after it played the opening tune but failed to load the layouts page (I'll attach that in a subsequent post as it seems to limit me to one attachment here.  Thanks!

Posts 12

Here is the earlier sample log.

Posts 12
Deacon David H. Delaney | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 27 2017 1:39 PM

Ok, it looks like Logos fixed was aware of it and fixed it; thanks though for the response:

https://wiki.logos.com/Logos_7.8

Posts 12

Ok, even with the 7.8.0.0034 release, Verbum still hangs up at the same place but again, only the first time I start it after turning the computer on.  I'm attaching the log of the sample I took during the hang up.

Thanks for the help!

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS