Really annoying!!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 474
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Aug 1 2017 6:23 AM

Okay, I know this has been discussed many times in the past, but I can't believe it hasn't been fixed yet!

I am preparing to start this coming Sunday a sermon series through 1 Peter and wanted to make use of the Bible background slides Logos has put together for each book. However, only the last two slides are loading!! I include two images for illustration - the first one is supposed to be the beginning of the set of slides in the media viewer, and the second one shows that the bottom two slides have appeared.

Can someone please get this sorted??!! I will be forever grateful! :-)

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 1 2017 7:50 AM

Jordan Litchfield:
I am preparing to start this coming Sunday a sermon series through 1 Peter and wanted to make use of the Bible background slides Logos has put together for each book. However, only the last two slides are loading!!

Sigh.  

I feel your pain.  But I did get a few more graphics for you, here you go 3010.1 Peter slides.zip.  I think I'm still missing the map, and the blank slide.

Come on Logos.  Fix this thing.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 474
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 1 2017 8:16 AM

Thanks - I downloaded the file. Unfortunately, the slide I wanted the most was the map, and I also need the slides to be in 4:3 aspect.

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 1 2017 8:51 AM

Sadly, only the outline and the final blank one load for me in 4:3 format.  

Otherwise, the others will stretch and square up fairly well in Powerpoint if that is what you are doing.  not perfect, but it's something.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 9151
LogosEmployee

I noticed a delay at first, but all the images are loading for me now. Please try it again, and if it's still not working, close the Media Tool, wait 30 seconds, open it again and try to load the images.

I'll also let the team know about the problem with initial loading.

Posts 474
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 9:18 AM

Okay, I've tried that and I am getting exactly the same results. I've tried it on a different computer and exactly the same problem.

Posts 25200
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 9:21 AM

Jordan Litchfield:

Okay, I've tried that and I am getting exactly the same results. I've tried it on a different computer and exactly the same problem.

I've just tried it and it worked fine (and it didn't previously) - I am running the beta of 7.9 but I doubt if that is relevant

I'm in the UK on a good broadband connection.

Where are you based / what sort of network connection do you have?

EDIT: Please ignore my previous comments! It works fine for me in 16:9 ratio but not 4:3 which I know is what you are looking for. Sorry I missed that earlier.

Posts 474
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 9:29 AM

No worries, although I'm not getting it in 16:9 either. I am in Northern Ireland with BT and usually my connection is pretty fast.

Posts 25200
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 9:34 AM

I've just tried the same thing in 2 Peter and it doesn't work correctly in either aspect ratio.

Edit: And I've tried Bradley's suggestion of closing down the Media Tool, waiting and trying again and that changed which slides were rendered - I got the Context slide and the map but not the first or last slides.

Posts 29792
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 10:32 AM

Graham Criddle:
And I've tried Bradley's suggestion of closing down the Media Tool, waiting and trying again and that changed which slides were rendered - I got the Context slide and the map but not the first or last slides.

I don't follow any of this thread, but I rarely use visual copy (or any of its variants). I wonder, however, if the problem in troubleshooting may relate to FL employees being "on campus" vs. "off campus." I remember some sort of problem with some feature and FL wasn't able to reproduce until it was tried by an employee away from FL HQ. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 25200
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 2:35 PM

alabama24:
I wonder, however, if the problem in troubleshooting may relate to FL employees being "on campus" vs. "off campus.

May well be - I was wondering about that earlier and will keep it in mind as the other thread develops.Yes

Posts 778
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 2 2017 3:54 PM

alabama24:

Graham Criddle:
And I've tried Bradley's suggestion of closing down the Media Tool, waiting and trying again and that changed which slides were rendered - I got the Context slide and the map but not the first or last slides.

I don't follow any of this thread, but I rarely use visual copy (or any of its variants). I wonder, however, if the problem in troubleshooting may relate to FL employees being "on campus" vs. "off campus." I remember some sort of problem with some feature and FL wasn't able to reproduce until it was tried by an employee away from FL HQ. 

To simulate "away from FL HQ", they could have some employees who employ a remote proxy.  Remote proxy usage can be turned on and off using the IE Connections configuration.  I guarantee you that if they choose a suitably remote proxy server it will slow them down.  FL could set up the proxy server in their Tempe offices for an increase in latency.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS