Sync to read location has changed!

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 19
John | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 3 2017 6:29 AM

Hi:

The ad for Logos 7 said, "lose nothing, get so much more!". I didn't want to upgrade. Saw no reason to upgrade, but in the end my hand was forced (I hate upgrade now SPAM!).

Following the upgrade, I am blessed to have none of the most grave outcomes I am now reading about on these forums. I am so very sorry for those who's relational time with the Lord is being impeded by software. What a tragedy. Some could even fall away by the break in routine. I pray not!

In my case, the application on my Mac Yosemite OS no longer sync to my last read book/chapter of the Bible. Instead it syncs to my last read book of the Bible. A small problem, but like Obamacare, as expected, I have lost something, unable to keep what I had.

Keep up the good work. Logos is amazing. Those of us who believe it is amazing enough should be able to keep our plan, unfettered by harassing ads for bigger and better (IMHO).

Respectfully,

John

Posts 21990
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 3 2017 7:26 AM

JohnR:
In my case, the application on my Mac Yosemite OS no longer sync to my last read book/chapter of the Bible. Instead it syncs to my last read book of the Bible

Trying to understand - as far as I know this aspect of Logos didn't change in going from 6 to 7

Are you saying - for example - that instead of syncing to Matt 14 it syncs to Matthew 18?

With what are you syncing? What different devices are you using to run Logos?

Posts 27770
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 3 2017 8:54 AM

Faithlife stays in business by continued sales. Even if someone is anti updating in philosophy, there will come a time when they are forced to do so by outdated hardware and/or OS. If FL didn't continue to develop, you would end up with resources licenses for an app you can't use or even install. For clarification: users can (and should!) update the (free) software, even if they don't want/need the new features which require a purchase. 

One question: what "spam" are you talking about? Email only? You can control your email preferences. Have you done so? Note: you may lose your Birthday voucher by doing so. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 19
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 3 2017 8:47 PM

Hi Graham

Used to be I would read through Matt 14:9 and it would open at Matt 14:9 on the same Mac, the next time I launched the Mac. Now, it opens to Matt 14:1 no matter how far into the book I have read.

Again, a minor inconvenience, though for me a bit of an annoyance.

Posts 21990
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 3 2017 11:30 PM

Hi JohnR

Intriguing.

Are you able to post screenshots showing both states? Particularly interested to see if you have anything else relevant open as well

Posts 27770
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 4 2017 4:14 AM

JohnR:
Used to be I would read through Matt 14:9 and it would open at Matt 14:9 on the same Mac, the next time I launched the Mac. Now, it opens to Matt 14:1 no matter how far into the book I have read.

This is likely due to your particular use of layouts. If you used them in a different way, you would have a different result. 

Posts 19
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 4 2017 5:10 AM

Graham:

Specifically, I had read through 2Cor 9:1 yesterday and shut down Logos. Because I am now super focused on this, I also was sure to note that the sync wheel was grey (synced) before shutting down.

This morning, upon opening the app, it actually opened to 2Cor 9:1, then flashed a small circle on the chapter number (like it does when moving to a new requested location) and moved to the beginning of 2Cor (2Cor 1:1).

So, it did remember where I was, it simple chose to tell me to reread the book. I suppose if I was believing God's hand was in that, I would read 2Cor for the rest of my life. :-)

Hard to take of screen shot of the "in motion" event.

Thanks again for your interest. I feel a little more silly each day that it annoyed me so a couple days back. A lifetime of software updates, where so often I am satisfied where I am, is more what I found annoying. Logos was simply the app du Jour.

Posts 19
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 4 2017 5:20 AM

Haha. Just re-read my post from yesterday again and it does agree with what I just said.

Following flash, Logos is placing me at the beginning of the book I am in, Not at the chapter: verse to where I have read (synced) within the book.

This was not the case in Logos 6, where it would leave me right where I was.

Posts 21990
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 4 2017 5:41 AM

JohnR:
Hard to take of screen shot of the "in motion" event.

I understand - I'm actually more interested in whether you have anything else open at the time that is "linked" to the Bible you are using and a static screenshot would indicate this.

Posts 27770
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 4 2017 6:17 AM

What is your "At Startup Open To" setting?

Posts 19
John | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 4 2017 1:15 PM

HI Graham:

That was a clever question. I did have three windows linked and one of the windows (books) was not paging in sync with the other two. Once I closed that book in that window, it fell to another tab there which was on the right book chapter and verse. Now with three widows linked and in sync, Logos is opening to the chapter to which I have read within the book upon application startup.

Where the three windows were linked, but not showing the same location, Logos was reverting to the start of the current book found in two of the three windows. Oddly, the window that was not linking properly was set in a different book entirely. Apparently two out of three wins!

Thanks again for your time and curiosity.

John

p.s. here again still no screen shot cause the problem tab (book) is now out of the picture.

Posts 21990
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 4 2017 2:52 PM

Hi JohnR

Glad it's working now

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS