Latest Editions

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 258
Theo | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 7 2017 1:19 AM

So is there any easy way when a volume refers to an older edition of a particular resource that you have the latest edition to find that place in particular via the hyperlinks??? Thanks!

Posts 29482
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 7 2017 5:43 AM

I don't know if I fully understand your question, but I think the answer is "no." If you have resource A pointing to B1, but you own B2, that is a different resource. If you provide screenshots with specific examples, we might be able to help more. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 587
J. Remington Bowling | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 7 2017 7:45 AM

Finding the section in the newer edition should be fairly easy. Just run a search in the new edition for the reference. (Open the new edition and hit ctrl+F.) If there is only a citation of something such as "page 55" then it would be a bit more difficult but you could still do contextual search on the topic being referred to.

Potato resting atop 2020 Mac Pro stand.

Posts 26710
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 8 2017 6:50 AM

J. Remington Bowling:
If there is only a citation of something such as "page 55" then it would be a bit more difficult

You can type any reference into the Reference box of the resource.

If indexed on Page you could type e.g. Page 117

For "Greek Grammar Beyond the Basics" (which has two editions), type e.g. GGBTB 6.2.c.2.c.3 into the Reference box of the newer/only resource.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS