Bug: Morph Search--verses/aligned/analysis options vanish

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3903
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 30 2017 7:59 AM

I was doing a morphological search for a friend without Logos. I have version 7.8.0.0037 Searching for imperatives in Revelation.  The search was @V??M.  The list of verses appeared with the options for "verses/aligned/analysis" in upper right.  As below:

I don't do these searches much right now.  I decided to see what would happen if I selected "aligned" or analysis.  The result?  Nothing.  Not only that, but the options (verses/aligned/analysis) vanish.  Below:

I could not get back to "verses" without much trouble.  The back arrow did not work.  I noticed then, that when I tried to rerun the search, the verses/aligned/analysis choices would flash for a millisecond then vanish again.  I placed my cursor on the spot of verses and kept hitting <enter> to make them flash and would click the cursor during the flash until I was able to select "verses" and go back to the original results.  Am I missing something obvious?  This behavior does not seem right.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 3267
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 30 2017 9:59 AM

Hi Friedrich,

We are having trouble reproducing this problem. Do you experience this issue with other texts like the ESV?

Posts 8980
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 30 2017 12:30 PM

I'm not entirely sure why, but the "Verses" view uses the LibraryIndex but the "Aligned" view uses the Bible Index.

My guess is that the information for (at least) NA27INT is corrupted in the Bible Index. You could try to fix just that one resource with "reindex NA27INT" or get to a clean state with "rebuild bible index" (will probably take a little longer, but might be a better choice to make sure there are no problems with other resources).

(BTW, the view hiding itself when there are 0 results is by design, because the code assumes you won't get a different count of results from Verses vs Aligned. This is obviously a very strange scenario to get into.)

Posts 3903
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 31 2017 7:08 AM

thanks for weighing in, I appreciate your taking time.  I will try to re-index this and see what happens.

IMO, the options should not vanish completely, or there should be a way to get back to where you were.  In my case, neither closing the window nor shutting down Logos gave me the options back.  I had to notice that all three briefly flashed and then figure out if I could place my cursor in the correct spot AND hit it in the exact split second that it flashed before I got all three back.

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 643
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 31 2017 9:37 AM

I did the search on my HP Laptop and although it took a while (102 seconds for analysis), it did the search. I used the analysis search and used "Number, Tense, Person" in my analysis and got some interesting information.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS