Posts 2724
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 8:59 AM

James Chandler:

David Thomas:

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
What's on your Logos 8 wishlist?

2 words - TOUCH SUPPORT

YesYesYesYesYes

YesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYesYes

Posts 15
Michael Morse | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 10:07 AM

I would also like to add stylus support - including the Adonit Pixel

Posts 8
Benjamen S. Long, Pastor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 10:08 AM

I would love to have the ability to enter comments directly onto highlighted text; instead of the notes file; and view those comments when hovering over the highlight, ala "footnotes".

For example: "Prolegomena is not apologetics. Apologetics is the defense of Christian truth-claims. It attempts to show why Christianity is intellectually acceptable. In carrying out this task, apologetic methodologies differ. Some proceed with a step-by-step verification of various Christian claims,† whereas others deal with Christianity as a whole.† But all of these approaches have in common the goal of giving some reason for accepting the truth of Christianity."

Winfried Corduan, Handmaid to Theology (Baker Book House, 1981), 1.

BenLo

Posts 34
Dale Brueggemann | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 12:39 PM

I don't believe he meant take the mouse away from the Logos users; rather, take it away from the Logos developers, so they could feel the pain of those trying to use Logos on touch-screen devices and respond on the development side of things.

Posts 1033
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 12:44 PM

mike:
Logos should make their own official collections

Make collections for each of the Logos Base Packages, so we can distinguish what came from a particular base package. This is important to me as a  teacher, so I can work with only what the students are expected to have in their Logos Library. These collections are available for Logos 4-6 in a Faithlife group, but the collections have not been made for Logos 7.

Posts 1033
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 12:46 PM

Morphological agreement between search terms in command line searches and Visual Filters. Bible Works does this quite well.

Posts 2339
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 1:03 PM

Dale Brueggemann:
I don't believe he meant take the mouse away from the Logos users; rather, take it away from the Logos developers

I know. But why should the developers be any better designing mouse controls without having a mouse than designing touch controls without having a touch screen?

Remove the mouse from the testers instead!

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 5095
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 1:54 PM
  • Deliver on your Atlas map sets that are still outstanding from Logos 6 and improve upon the Atlas as others have already suggested.
  • Deliver on journals promises
  • Deliver on any outstanding data sets
  • bug fixes
  • Reading plans
  • Reading progress that tracks across platforms.
  • Pest control - get rid of current bugs including but not limited to courses tool both in desktop and webapp.
  • one notes system integrated across all platforms.
  • touch support - don't need it yet but one day I will so let's make it happen for all those that need it yesterday.
  • no over the top marketing,  just present a clear concise non ambiguous message

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

What's on your Logos 8 wishlist? It could be fixing an annoying bug, refining a feature you rely on every day, or creating a brand new feature that would address a problem you encounter on a regular basis (but currently have to turn to something outside of Logos to solve).

To think of it another way, what problems would you like to see us solve? They could be problems we're already solving, but need to solve better. Or they could be problems we're currently not solving at all.

What are the most important things we should address to make Logos a better tool for you?

Your feedback doesn't need to be limited to the desktop app. Feel free to include web and mobile feedback as well.

If you've written up feedback in other threads, please link to them here so we can have everything in one place.

Thanks!

Posts 605
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 2:49 PM

Thanks to you and the rest of the Faithlife team for asking, Phil.

Complete linking the German Bible Society's Biblia Hebraica Stuttgartensia to the Hebrew-Aramaic Lexicon of the Old Testament AND the Dictionary of Classical Hebrew AS WELL AS  to its own Stuttgarter Elektronishe Studienbibel parsing system. (Currently the links work only for prefixes, e.g., inseparable prepositions). I do not think it sufficient for Faithlife simply to refer customers to the Lexham Hebrew Bible because it is important to have full functionality for the Hebrew Bible with an apparatus criticus.

Posts 1434
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 3:09 PM

deleted

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1434
Wild Eagle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 3:10 PM

Dale Brueggemann:

I don't believe he meant take the mouse away from the Logos users; rather, take it away from the Logos developers, so they could feel the pain of those trying to use Logos on touch-screen devices and respond on the development side of things.

Yes Thank you! Dale Brueggemann, you stated perfectly. 

"No man is greater than his prayer life. The pastor who is not praying is playing; the people who are not praying are straying." Leonard Ravenhill 

Posts 1394
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 3:43 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
refining a feature you rely on every day, or creating a brand new feature

1. I'm very interested in the new features that could come from Andrews suggestion here...

https://community.logos.com/forums/p/133058/864689.aspx#864689

2. I'm most interested in an improvement to the systematic theologies interactive which would include topical information, and thus also create a section in the topic guides which also uses the same denomination/theological stream data. I envision it almost like the Lexham Bible guides but topically and making more use of the theology/denominational tags

3. Ctrl F capability in certain interactives such as Psalms Explorer, Proverbs Explorer, Commandments of the Law, and others which would benefit from searching the facets

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 99
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 3:50 PM

PetahChristian:

Thanks for starting this thread, Phil!

Some of us have been hoping for a Jewish or Messianic Jewish base package:

YES!!!!

Posts 1026
EastTN | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 4:35 PM

Joseph Turner:

Jan Krohn:

Wild Eagle:
Phil, please take away from windows developers mouse and let them use touch screen only.

That would be devastating for every user without touchscreen.

Yeah, I am definitely for improving touch performance, but let's not throw the baby out with the bath water.  I absolutely expect to have full mouse functionality on my desktop.  That is where I do the majority of my research, and touch on four large monitors would be impractical at best.

I strongly agree. Getting rid of full mouse functionality is one of the few things that would force me to abandon my investment in Logos.

Posts 6487
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 6:10 PM

I'm not greedy. Here's my short list:

1.  SUPER SPEED at start up and when opening and closing other resources while working in Logos (Accordance and even WORDsearch are fast).

2.  Ability to insert my own pictures that zoom in and out in the sermon editor (like AccordanceBible software has).

3.  Ability to have hyperlinked verses in the sermon editor on mobile devices like we do on the desktop app. That way I can have my sermon open on one half of my iPad and my preferred Bible on the other half. I click on a hyperlinked reference on my sermon and it opens on my preferred Bible. 

4. Make the sermon editor fully functional for all base packages. I have some friends that can't even afford a bronze BP, so that would be a tremendous help for them.

5. Include NICOT and NICNT on the Gold Package.

That's all folks! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿ‘Œ

DAL

Posts 641
Into Grace | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 7:21 PM

Please bring nested folders for library managent. For example, the folder "Greek" could have a sub-folder for Grammars, one for Lexicons, etc. Included is the ability to "drag and drop" books into folders. Also, tags would be very helpful. 

Thank you!

Posts 4772
David Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 20 2017 7:24 PM

I WANT THE LINKS THAT SHOULD WORK TO....(*wait for it*)...WORK. [Yes, I am including NET and I know it's "special" but I want it to link anyway.]

Posts 185
James Hudson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 21 2017 12:02 PM

1. Mobile App

• Multiple tabs with independent history(have many books on the go) with link sets - this is essential!
  • All features offline
  • Personal books with sync
  • Pen annotation
  • General love and attention and innovation - regular updates with new features not just maintenance
2. Desktop
  • Reading plans fully customisable with repetition (e.g. easy setup for reading a 'church of Revelation' each day of week and automatically repeating, or Ephesians 6 every day etc)
  • Notes MUST be able to include images and tables and have easy internote hyperlinks and fully sync
  • Remove restrictions on bible search (chapter boundaries etc)
  • Reg Ex as an advanced searching option
  • Annotation with pen/stylus/finger on some tablets (would like to hand annotate around a passage and save as a note)
  • mind maps

3. Resources

• Greater selection of Creationist books (AiG etc)
  • Martyn Lloyd Jones Essentials (i.e. Romans series, Studies in Sermon on the Mount etc)

4. Website

• ability to search for resources not owned and with pages size of 60 (and higher - show all??) without typing obscure url GET parameters
  • Ability to search across Logos, Vyrso etc for authors, titles with one search

5. Innovation

• Ability to sync notes, docs, pbs etc via own Nas/WebDAV servers rather than Logos servers 

I know some of these are being considered, but these would really make it great (and not have to wait 15 years for improvements to like (ahem) Notes!)

Thanks for asking!

Posts 33
Vaclav Janca | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 21 2017 12:10 PM

True - PBs are very important for languages other than English. Mobile PB would be great.

... and not having to pay hundreds of dollars just to get the functions of the new version would be even nicer.

Posts 59
Bill | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 21 2017 5:27 PM

See this link for Denominational and Theology Tagging

Thank You for another opportunity to give this reminder

Wink

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/147744.aspx

Page 2 of 25 (495 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | RSS