Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Apr 4 2010 7:50 AM | Locked

How does "Save as Passage List" in Notes work? I can't seem to get it to do anything.

Thanks!

Posts 143
Ken Guenther | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 10:12 AM | Locked

I don't understand why this feature would be helpful, but it creates a passage list of all the references to which notes in the notes file are attached.   It removes all duplicates (i.e. if there are more than one note attached to a particular verse), the verse only appears once in the passage list.

Posts 34447
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 10:35 AM | Locked

Ken Guenther:
I don't understand why this feature would be helpful, but it creates a passage list of all the references to which notes in the notes file are attached.

I find it useful to check my work for completeness as I develop study questions for lectionary-based Bible study. Others, I'm sure, find their own uses.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 12:41 PM | Locked

But how do I get it to actually do anything? Can you give me a short example of how to use it?

Thanks!

Posts 19365
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 6:01 PM | Locked

Dominick Sela:

But how do I get it to actually do anything? Can you give me a short example of how to use it?

As in this thread, it only works for Notes that you've entered as attached to Scripture passages by right-clicking on the verse.

Posts 27477
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 8:48 PM | Locked

Rosie Perera:
As in this thread, it only works for Notes that you've entered as attached to Scripture passages by right-clicking on the verse.

I created a BUG: thread at http://community.logos.com/forums/t/14933.aspx

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 27477
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 4 2010 9:06 PM | Locked

Ken Guenther:
It removes all duplicates (i.e. if there are more than one note attached to a particular verse), the verse only appears once in the passage list.

This is normal behaviour for a PL.

Ken Guenther:
I don't understand why this feature would be helpful, but it creates a passage list of all the references to which notes in the notes file are attached.

You can use a passage list to restrict a Bible search to those references eg. if you wanted  to investigate their theme some more.

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS