Slow cursor in Notes

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 355
Michel Pauw | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Sep 25 2017 2:54 PM

I'm translating a Greek resource using a note file, so I can work within the same interface with source text, translation pane, dictionary, commentary, etc.

Obviously the note file gets bigger and bigger. After a 1000 words or so in a single note, the cursor has become really slow. While I'm typing with 400+ keystrokes per minute, my cursor in the note follows with a slow 3 characters per second. At the end of my typing a sentence I have to wait a while for the cursor to finish the sentence.

Interestingly, when I start a new note, the cursor follows as normal, until the note gets bigger again, where it starts becoming slow again.

No problems with my computer specs:

- i7-6700HQ CPU @ 2.60 GHz
- 16GB RAM
- Windows 10, 64-bits
- 256GB SSD with more than 10% free space

Is this a known issue with notes?

Posts 10836
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 26 2017 2:27 PM

Notes do have a size limitation. Indeed, I thought it was somewhat less than this. The only solution is to break that humungous note file into more manageable chunks.

Posts 607
LogosEmployee
Alan Palmer (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 27 2017 9:59 AM

Sad

Maybe this little tidbit of background technical info might help you...

The editor we currently use for notes on desktop remeasures/wraps content at a paragraph level when editing. What this means for you is that if you have extremely long paragraphs (1000+ words without hitting Enter, etc), it might slow down.

In other words, one option to possibly work around your issue is to insert paragraph breaks. I apologize if that workaround is not helpful in your case.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS