Need help with crash

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 22
Andreas Dueck | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 29 2017 1:56 AM

Hello,

my Logos 7 crashes often, now it crashed, when I tryed to send a map to PowerPoint.

What should I do?

Thank you!

6180.LogosCrash.zip

Posts 25103
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 29 2017 3:32 PM

Andreas Dueck:
my Logos 7 crashes often, now it crashed, when I tryed to send a map to PowerPoint.

The Atlas crash should not prevent you getting back into Logos, so provide details of the other crashes as well as logs.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 354
LogosEmployee
Justin (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 29 2017 4:18 PM

Hello, 

I would try updating Logos to the recent edition first.  If it still crashes, type "Event Viewer" in the search box, and under Windows Logs > Application and Windows Logs > System, do you see anything stand out around the time of the crash?

System information would be helpful too.  In your file explorer, right click on This PC, and hit Properties. 

Do you have a large layout open in Logos 7, or a lot of background applications running per chance?

Posts 25103
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 30 2017 1:45 PM

Justin Soety (Faithlife):
I would try updating Logos to the recent edition first.

Justin

He is using 7.9 SR-1

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 22
Andreas Dueck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 1:09 AM

4150.LogosCrash (2).zip

Hello,

here is another crash-report, and here are my System informations, unfortunately in german :)

Sometimes it is a large alayout, but it crashes with a little layout too. Parallel I have run Word, Outlook and Adobe Reader.
Maybe you have an idea!

Posts 22
Andreas Dueck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 1:10 AM

Posts 8081
LogosEmployee

You are running 32-bit version of Windows 10, which restricts you to running the 32-bit version of Logos 7. This restricts the amount of memory Logos 7 can use at any one time, which is why you are seeing a number of OutOfMemoryExceptions. (Ideally, the program wouldn't crash, but it won't be able to successfully complete its operation unless it can find enough free memory to create the image you're sending to PowerPoint. I'll file a bug report on this.)

You may be able to get it to work by closing all other open panels to free up memory.

Posts 22
Andreas Dueck | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 11 2017 9:17 AM

This makes sense. Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS