Footnotes not being created in Word or Pages

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6
Troy Warner | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 3 2017 9:00 PM

The feature that creates the footnote stoped working today. Now the footnote is just below quote in the body of the page. I also tried in pages and had the same problem.  Here are my settings.

Posts 25131
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 6:19 AM

Guy Troy Warner:
The feature that creates the footnote stoped working today. Now the footnote is just below quote in the body of the page.

In Word on Windows - and I don't know if it works the same on Mac - this happens if you are pasting with the "Keep Text Only" option. Could that be what is happening here?

Guy Troy Warner:
Here are my settings.

Which settings did you mean to indicate here?

Posts 6
Troy Warner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 4 2017 7:13 AM

Graham,

The setting were under Logos preferences. I don't know what happened to them in this post. Anyway they were the setting that specify features of citing. I have sense checked and I know they are correct. I don't think this is a word issue as I am experiencing it in other word processor applications. 

Thanks

Troy

Posts 10832
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 6 2017 4:40 PM

Troy Warner:

The feature that creates the footnote stoped working today. Now the footnote is just below quote in the body of the page. I also tried in pages and had the same problem.  Here are my settings.

Footnotes paste correctly for me with Mac OS 10.12.6.

Do you have the Copy Footnote preference set correctly? Either Auto or Footnote should give you the result you are seeking.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS