Still no FOOTNOTE option for Mac Pages?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 232
Jackie Watts | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 4 2017 7:11 AM

It's been over 2 years since I've been able to appreciate the footnote capability with Logos. Sure, I could go back to the Pages program from 3 years ago, but I appreciate cloud support and updates. And no, I don't WANT to use WORD or OPEN OFFICE as all my files on in Pages. Can someone PLEASE make the time to get whatever info needs to be attained to use auto footnote copy/paste option back to PAGES for MAC!!!??? 

I SO APPRECIATE Logos as the great tool it is for me, but this would be such a time-saver...and to be fair...I've been patient. Any other Mac user in the same boat? 

(I have posted on this for 2 years and all I hear back is that Apple has not released the info/code/whatever to allow Logos to update this feature.)

Thank you.

Posts 10817
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 6 2017 4:43 PM

Jackie Watts:
I have posted on this for 2 years and all I hear back is that Apple has not released the info/code/whatever to allow Logos to update this feature.)

That being the case, you need to address your petitions to Apple. There are a number of reasons that I do not use Pages—This is one of them.

Posts 9
Caleb Allen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 12 2017 5:31 PM

Hey Jackie, I have also been having this problem. The only solution I have found is to change your citation setting in Logos to "auto". It still copies the citation, but you will have to move it to a footnote. 

Another option is to use the old version of Pages (version 4.3). It still copies citations into footnotes. So you could type your papers in the old Pages. 

Hope that helps! 

Caleb

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS