Alpha 17

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Robert Ziehmer | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Apr 9 2010 5:05 AM

Alright, I purchased the 4 upgrade and an installing it on my mac.  

I have been downloading updates to the tune of 5.5 gig all night and it  seems to have stayed on 97% for some time.

Is this typical or should I throw my mac out the window:)

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 9 2010 6:53 AM

Don't throw your Mac out of the window!

Downloading resources can take a long time. It's hard to predict how long because of the inconsistency across internet connections.

You will need to find out whether L4 is still downloading files or whether it has 'hung'. There are a couple of things you can do to check this:

1. Look in the right half of the menu bar. Is the blue logos logo visible (see the screenshot below)? I guess that this is, as you know that you're on 97% progress, but it's best to check!

2. Quit everything but L4 and open ApplicationsUtilities > Activity Monitor to check for network activity (see the screenshot below). You're looking for a graph with red and green lines. If you're downloading large files, you would expect the green graph to be consistently high. If it is low, then you probably have a problem.

If there seems to be no network activity. Follow the instructions in this post to configure L4 to log events and try again. If it fails next time you can post your log files as described in the same post for the Logos dev team to review for you.

I hope this makes sense and that you can get up and running quickly. The latest few alpha releases have really started to be useful for the majority of users' day-to-day needs and it's fun to (in effect) get a new piece of software every couple of weeks!

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Posts 6
Robert Ziehmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 9 2010 2:05 PM

Alright,

I did check to see if the network was working, and it is.  However, it has been downloading all day, and it is still at 97%. 

I noticed that the at some moments, date received is as low as 30 bytes, then instantly it will go as high as 300 bytes. 

Should I let it still download, or should I take another course of action.

Thanks,

Robert

Posts 235
Stephen Ashton | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 9 2010 2:46 PM

Have you previously activated logging as described in this post? If so, open your logs in console and see what's happening.

Otherwise I guess you've probably reached the point where it's worth closing L4 and initiating logging. The you'll be able to view the logs in Console and see what's happening with your downloads.

Read FAQ and Guide for Reporting Bugs.

13" Macbook • 2GHz • 2GB RAM • OS 10.6.6 • 160GB Hard Drive

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS