Logos 7 doesn't launch after blue Logos 7/Faithlife square goes away. Anybody else?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 13
William Stacy Ellsworth | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Oct 15 2017 3:50 PM

My laptop has been preparing, and just went through the new creator's update. Launch problem described in the subject line started happening just prior to the update and continues afterward. I tried downloading the setup file but it says everything is up to date and the problem remains. I have an email into tech support but I was wondering if anybody else may have had the same problem or have any ideas on how to fix it. Any ideas or suggestions?

Thanks!

William

Posts 22275
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 15 2017 11:02 PM

Please enable diagnostic logging and post logs after a failed startup attempt.

Details at https://www.logos.com/support/windows/report-problem 

Posts 2066
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 17 2017 9:56 AM

Hi William, I was curious if you were able to resolve this issue? Another user reported similar symptoms and I'm wondering if it's the same issue. 

Posts 13
William Stacy Ellsworth | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 17 2017 12:00 PM

It turned out to be a pretty easy fix. Just went into the Windows 10 Control Panel and selected "Programs" then "Programs and Features" then scrolled down to the Logos icon and right clicked it then left clicked "repair" about 45 seconds later I was able to start the program normally!

All this happened in conjunction with the downloading and execution of the new Creator's update for Windows--not sure if there is any real connection but all seems to be well now. Hope this helps!

Posts 119
ManilaDave | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 18 2017 3:53 AM

I have a similar problem on MacBook Pro. Logos 7 won't complete launching. I just get the home screen with toolbars and everything else blank. The application is frozen and it is a heck of a job to force the application to quit.

How do I fix this?

Posts 13
Nate Bate | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 26 2017 5:33 PM

I have the same problem with my MacBook. Waiting on support to get back with me. 

Posts 119
ManilaDave | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 26 2017 10:37 PM

Hi Nathan B!

Here's the fix I got from Support. It worked:

Force Quit Logos using Activity Monitor using these steps:

1. Open the Applications Folder.
  2. Open the Utilities Folder.
  3. Open Activity Monitor.
  4. Select the CPU Tab.
  5. Type logos into the search bar in the top-right.
  6. Quit Logos and the Logos Indexer by
    1. Select one of the items to quit and click the X button in a rectangle in the top-left corner of Activity Monitor (do not mistake it for the red radial button that closes the window).
    2. Repeat with the next Logos process.
  7. Open Logos
Posts 13
Nate Bate | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 27 2017 4:22 AM

Thanks for sharing. My problem is different because the program never really launches. It will show up as running for a few minutes and then close. There will be no window on the screen And the logos menu and the edit menu in the title bar have no real options - just options that say Unintitled. I have tried all the standard stuff, kill the process, un install and clean install, etc. My logs have been submitted to support and support has now submitted them to development. 

Posts 28029
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 27 2017 6:05 AM

Nathan B.:
I have tried all the standard stuff, kill the process, un install and clean install, etc.

Did you try opening from the applications folder (instead of the dock)? 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 13
Nate Bate | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 27 2017 6:12 AM

Yes, I did. Thanks. 

Posts 13
Nate Bate | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 27 2017 8:47 AM

Fixed. Solution 2 on this page: https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/mac/crash

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS