Hang: 7.10 freezes a few seconds after launching

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3992
Forum MVP

7.10 consistently hangs a few seconds after launching. Either the Home Page never appears, or its loading spinner appears then stops spinning.

It's hung (spinning beachball, program not responding in Activity Monitor) each of the five or so times I've tried to launch the application.

Never had any previous problem like this. 7.9 was working earlier today before the 7.10 update.

Logos 7.10 (7.10.0.0019) on macOS 10.13 (17A405)

Thanks to FL for including Carta and a Hebrew audio bible in Logos 9!

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 2:14 PM

I restarted my computer, and Logos is able to launch now.

Posts 3570
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 2:23 PM

Hi  PetahChristian,

I've asked a dev to take a look at your logs. Does starting with a blank layout resolve the issue?

Posts 1
Keith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 2:29 PM

This is a continual problem.  I launch Logos and a blank homepage appears and never populates.  I am including the file log in this post as well as a screen shot of what happens every time I launch Logos now that I have the newest version.  I am constantly having to force quit the program and restart it before I can load my files.

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 2:29 PM

"At Startup Open to" has been set to Home. I never start to a layout.

Not sure why a restart was needed for this particular application update, but that seemed to resolve the issue, as the program no longer hangs, and the Home Page loads.

Thanks for the quick response!

Posts 3570
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 2:30 PM

PetahChristian:

I restarted my computer, and Logos is able to launch now.

Hi PetahChristian,

I'm glad things are working for you now. Please let us know if you continue to experience problems.

Posts 19334
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 16 2017 3:41 PM

Keith:
This is a continual problem.  I launch Logos and a blank homepage appears and never populates.  I am including the file log in this post as well as a screen shot of what happens every time I launch Logos now that I have the newest version.  I am constantly having to force quit the program and restart it before I can load my files.

Welcome Big Smile plus puzzled Tongue Tied

Please use paper clip to attach log files.

FYI: personally have Program Settings open to blank layout at startup so can launch Logos followed by opening something: e.g. Home Page, Layout, ...

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 3992
Forum MVP

Philana R. Crouch:
Please let us know if you continue to experience problems.

I apparently spoke too soon. Logos is back to hanging a few seconds after launching. Restarting is not helping now.

I then followed the wiki instructions to uninstall Logos, then downloaded the disk image and reinstalled it.

The first time it launched properly. I then quit, then tried to launch the program a second time, and it hung a few seconds after launching.

I'd really appreciate someone determining what the problem is with 7.10, as Logos has been running reliably for me since Logos 6, but now is resorting to hanging at launch.

FYI, this first log is the program hanging before I uninstalled and reinstalled the program.

Thanks for any help you can provide!

Posts 3992
Forum MVP

This second log is the program hanging after I uninstalled and reinstalled the program.

Posts 3992
Forum MVP

If this helps, here is the crash report after Force Quitting the non-responsive Logos application.

Posts 29592
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 17 2017 4:10 AM

PetahChristian:
7.10 consistently hangs a few seconds after launching.

Keith:
This is a continual problem.

Try the following: 

• Open "Activity Monitor" from macOS Utilities
  • Kill all Logos processes, including indexer
  • Restart macOS
  • Open Logos

Does that work? 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3992
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 17 2017 7:53 AM

There are no Logos processes running at all.

Thanks, but rebooting doesn't seem to make any difference. The one time it worked after restarting seemed to be the exception as now it always hangs.

What does work, at least the one time I just tried it now, is holding down the Command key while starting Logos. Once it starts, I am able to open the Home page.

I'm not sure why opening the Home Page at startup is suddenly problematic, as I've been using that setting since Logos 6.

FYI, I've started a new thread to focus specifically on 7.10 hanging due to opening Home Page at startup.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS