All my sermons are missing

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 5
Scott Dyer | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Oct 17 2017 11:41 PM

My Logos Now subscription expired so I no longer have access to the Sermon editor. However, all of the Sermons I had prepared are now missing as well. Are they gone for good? Do I have to subscribe to Logos Now or get the feature set to get them back? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posts 4602
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 18 2017 6:57 AM

Can you see the sermon documents at:

https://documents.logos.com/

If not, contact Faithlife. They are still on a server somewhere

Posts 2635
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 18 2017 8:57 AM

Scott Dyer:

My Logos Now subscription expired so I no longer have access to the Sermon editor. However, all of the Sermons I had prepared are now missing as well. Are they gone for good? Do I have to subscribe to Logos Now or get the feature set to get them back? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Hi Scott,

I just confirmed with the developer who works with the server. Your sermons are still stored in the cloud; you just can't retrieve them because you no longer have access to the feature. Once you regain access to the Sermon Editor feature your sermons will be available again.

Blessings,

Philana

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 18 2017 10:15 AM

Philana R. Crouch:
Once you regain access to the Sermon Editor feature your sermons will be available again.

Looks like we have a hostage situation.

This is one of the reasons I swore to never go over to the dark side (subscription model) for software licenses I'd always owned in the past.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 358
LogosEmployee
Adam Borries (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 18 2017 10:42 AM

Scott, 

I'm sorry about this. We certainly don't want to keep you from accessing content you've created yourself. If you allow a subscription to expire, or even return the software, we should make it so you still have access to sermons you've written (just like we already do with Notes you've made). We have some ideas about how to handle this scenario in the future. 

In the meantime, I want to take care of your particular situation. I'll be privately emailing you shortly. 

--Adam 

Adam Borries | Product Manager, Logos desktop application

Message me on Faithlife.com >>

Posts 9090
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 18 2017 11:35 AM

Doc B:
This is one of the reasons I swore to never go over to the dark side (subscription model) for software licenses I'd always owned in the past.

The positive thing is that FL understands the concern and is working to make the situation right in the long-term.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 10178
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 18 2017 12:50 PM

Doc B:

Philana R. Crouch:
Once you regain access to the Sermon Editor feature your sermons will be available again.

Looks like we have a hostage situation.

That's good.

'Ok, buddy. Mammom, or your sermons are toast! What's it going to be?!'   I guess Philana saw the irony.

Posts 5
Scott Dyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 18 2017 1:08 PM

Thanks Adam I appreciate the help. 

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 19 2017 2:32 PM

Adam Borries (Faithlife):
We certainly don't want to keep you from accessing content you've created yourself.

I would be very curious how intellectual property law would apply to this situation in each jurisdiction.  I'm betting this is covered in the EULA, but I'd need an attorney to find it in there.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS