Zondervan Biblical Languages Under the Radar Sale

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 22 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 6477
DAL | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Oct 25 2017 4:08 AM

There is currently a Zondervan biblical languages sale going on.  Accordance is doing a super job advertising it! Why is Logos not advertising the sale? Are you not interested in making a buck?  Maybe they already have too much money, but I have yet to find a link advertising the sale.   When you actually need marketing you don’t get it and when you don’t need it you do, go figure 😁

DAL

Posts 10212
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 25 2017 6:05 AM

https://www.logos.com/product/32713/zondervan-biblical-languages-collection for the curious.

I was impressed the price at $616 was so much lower than if the volumes are priced individually ... $445.  What a deal!!  And I only own two, too. (After MJ forced me to give up 'Zonder...ks', all I could do was not buy Zonder....ks.

Posts 6477
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 25 2017 6:13 AM

It’s a different sale Denise. They call it the Zondervan  biblical language sale but is only a few titles. I picked up the encyclopedia of difficulties for $13 and change.  NIDOTTE is included in the sale, also NIDNTTE and some titles by Mounce.

DAL

Posts 234
Colin | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 25 2017 6:16 AM

Hi Denise, 

That does indeed seem strange - though not unprecedented Smile - but there is a good reason. Many of the resources are 40% off individually but the price of the package is not discounted. 

See here:

https://www.logos.com/products/search?Publisher=Zondervan&Language=Hebrew&start=&sort=savings&pageSize=30 

and here:

https://www.logos.com/products/search?Publisher=Zondervan&Language=Greek&start=0&sort=savings&pageSize=30 

for some of the individual products on sale. 

Colin. 

Posts 10212
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 25 2017 7:10 AM

DAL:

It’s a different sale Denise. They call it the Zondervan  biblical language sale but is only a few titles. I picked up the encyclopedia of difficulties for $13 and change.  NIDOTTE is included in the sale, also NIDNTTE and some titles by Mounce.

DAL

So, DAL and Colin, you're hinting that as an intelligent Logosian (periodically), the Logos sale went under my radar? I thought it was funny.  Ok, ok. 

Posts 6477
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 25 2017 8:04 AM

Denise:

DAL:

DAL

So, DAL and Colin, you're hinting that as an intelligent Logosian (periodically), the Logos sale went under my radar? I thought it was funny.  Ok, ok. 

Nah, you have MJ as an infiltrator, so she tells you about all the sales, even the under the radar ones. 😜

Posts 10101
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 25 2017 8:48 AM

DAL:
 There is currently a Zondervan biblical languages sale going on

Thanks DAL for telling!

Colin:

...and thanks Colin for providing the links! 

I finally hit the trigger on NIDNTTE

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 9095
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 25 2017 8:50 AM

40% off many resources (looks like 40 to be exact). It does seem strange that Logos has not advertised this sale.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 933
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 25 2017 9:17 AM

DAL:
I picked up the encyclopedia of difficulties for $13 and change.

I have had that one on my wishlist for a while. Does anyone remember there ever having been a higher discount on it, or is 40% about as good as Logos has ever offered? Thanks.

Posts 6477
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 25 2017 10:55 AM

Matthew:

DAL:
I picked up the encyclopedia of difficulties for $13 and change.

I have had that one on my wishlist for a while. Does anyone remember there ever having been a higher discount on it, or is 40% about as good as Logos has ever offered? Thanks.

Probably $19 or $17 bucks and change a long time ago. Not such a great discount as right now. I also have the encyclopedia of bible words which is $12 and change now.  Simple but great resources. I wish the encyclopedia of Bible characters was half off too or at least 40% off.

DAL

Posts 3266
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 25 2017 1:11 PM

Mark Smith:

40% off many resources (looks like 40 to be exact). It does seem strange that Logos has not advertised this sale.

Thank you for this link!  I'm not much interesed in the language stuff but the Bible Words Encyclopedia looks interesting

Posts 688
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 25 2017 2:07 PM

One of the sales reps said the end date was undecided at this point. It might end as early as Friday or perhaps on Monday. Really strange. My theory is that someone released it early and it will get officially announced next month. Dale Heath

Posts 3266
Mattillo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 25 2017 2:30 PM

I wonder why Bible characters isn't included when difficulties is

Posts 6477
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 25 2017 3:27 PM

Dale E Heath:

One of the sales reps said the end date was undecided at this point. It might end as early as Friday or perhaps on Monday. Really strange. My theory is that someone released it early and it will get officially announced next month. Dale Heath

Accordance’s website says it runs through October 28th. Their sales usually end on Mondays at midnight EST, so since this is a publisher‘s sale maybe it will end Saturday.

DAL

Posts 506
Daniel Yoder | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 26 2017 3:02 PM

This link will take you directly to the resources which are included in the sale.  

https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=&Publisher=Zondervan&Status=Live&sort=savings&pageSize=45&Specials=On+Sale 

I am grateful for this sale.  

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 26 2017 3:31 PM

Is Hebrew and Greek for the rest of us worth picking up? 

Shalom, in Christ, Keith. Check out my music www.soundcloud.com/kpang808

Posts 6477
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 26 2017 4:45 PM

Keith Pang:

Is Hebrew and Greek for the rest of us worth picking up? 

Worth every penny IMHO. Especially if you only need the basics for sound exegesis.

DAL

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 26 2017 4:57 PM

DAL:

Worth every penny IMHO. Especially if you only need the basics for sound exegesis.

DAL

Thanks for your insight! 

Posts 590
Bill Shewmaker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 26 2017 5:19 PM

I might be interested in picking up the audio vocabulary words (GK and Heb), but it would be nice if there was a way to listen to some samples of these resources. Thank you!

Posts 1022
Keith Pang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Oct 26 2017 6:05 PM

How long is the sale? Anyone know? 

Page 1 of 2 (23 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS