One Resource that Read out loud don't work and it hangs up Logos.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 592
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 4 2017 11:36 AM

Hi Guys.   I have come across one resource that read out loud dont work.

It's a PB..

When I bring it up and select read out loud, it just sits there and does nothing and when I click on anywhere I get the clock and Logos shows not responding at the top..

I have used Read Out Loud on tons of my PB's and never had one do this.. So I am kind of stumped..  It's a resource I really want to use with Read Out Loud..

I have attached a screenshot that shows on the Left the settings I used to build this PB and then on the Right it being hung up..  You can see at the top it says Logos not Responding..

7444.Doc1.docx

Posts 2071
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 4 2017 12:08 PM

Rodney:

1. Attach a brief docx excerpt of the file itself, or
  2. Attach a screen shot of the docx with the codes (paragraph, section breaks, etc.) revealed, i.e., click the paragraph symbol on the Home tab.

In the early-ish days of L4 PBs there was an issue with PBs and Read Aloud on docx's with section breaks. That's no longer a problem, but it could another similar issue.

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

There are four lights

Posts 592
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 4 2017 2:30 PM

Thanks Robert..  Attached is a excerpt3644.The.docx.. 

Posts 2071
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 5 2017 5:27 AM

Rodney:

I tried this on my WIn10 laptop (latest Win update, L7.11 Beta 2) and the Read Aloud worked fine. If you need me to try it on my Win7 desktop, let me know.

Since I'm a little superstitious on MS stuff, I suspect the inconsistency in behavior from machine to machine may be due to the columns in the docx. Try this:  Make a safe copy of your docx, or use the excerpt here. Get rid of the columns by putting the insertion point anywhere in the body of the doc; on the Layout (or Page Layout in earlier versions) tab, click Columns, More Columns, click One and at the bottom of the dialog, Apply to Whole Document. The PB compiler ignores the columns, anyway and it will probably ignore the vertical line graphic elements that remain.after the columns are changed.

Windows 10 (L9 Beta) | Android 9 (phone - L9 Beta) | Fire OS 7 (tablet - L9 Stable)

There are four lights

Posts 592
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 5 2017 12:23 PM
Odd.. I have same OS as you.. Thank you Robert.. I will try you suggestions and let you know if I have any success..
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS