Globally changing highlighting

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1138
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 5 2017 12:23 PM

I would like to change all highlighting of a certain type of pen to another highlighting pen. For example, I would like to change all instances of "Yellow" in the "Solid Colors" palette to "Yellow Highlighter" in the "Highlighter Pens" palette.

Is there a way to make a global change of a highlighter pen to all resources or even to a single resource?

Posts 23625
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 5 2017 12:25 PM

Harry Hahne:
I would like to change all highlighting of a certain type of pen to another highlighting pen. For example, I would like to change all instances of "Yellow" in the "Solid Colors" palette to "Yellow Highlighter" in the "Highlighter Pens" palette.

I have wanted to do something similar in the past

Harry Hahne:
Is there a way to make a global change of a highlighter pen to all resources or even to a single resource?

Unfortunately not that I am aware of.

Posts 8866
LogosEmployee

Harry Hahne:

Is there a way to make a global change of a highlighter pen to all resources

There is a command to do exactly this.

In the Highlighting Tool, open the drop-down menu next to the style you want to change. Choose "Restyle annotations" then select another style to change them all to.

Posts 1138
Harry Hahne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Nov 7 2017 1:55 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):
In the Highlighting Tool, open the drop-down menu next to the style you want to change. Choose "Restyle annotations" then select another style to change them all to.

Sweet! That is exactly what I wanted. This will help me be more consistent.

Posts 7
jwj | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2020 1:31 PM

Is there a way to be even more selective about the restyling? I have instances of a highlight I want to restyle only in one resource. The others I want to leave how they are.

Posts 2305
GaoLu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2020 5:27 PM

Thanks!  That is something I have wanted for a long time.

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS