OpenText.org Word Order Search

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
This post has 1 Reply | 1 Follower

Posts 8
David Dickenson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Nov 5 2017 1:00 PM

I could use some help.

I am trying to do a syntax search in the opentext.org database for a specific clausal word order. The primary clause from 1 Cor. 14:18 in the upper right of the screenshot I have attached is the pattern I would like to search. That is, I want to see if there are other instances in the NT where a definer is followed by a qualifier, followed by two adjuncts and finally a predicator.

I have played around with the search feature that you see on the left-hand side of the screenshot, but cannot figure out how to perform the search I want.

Help would be appreciated!

David

Posts 8
David Dickenson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 5 2017 1:32 PM

I figured out how to do the search. If anyone is curious how to do it, I have attached a screenshot of what the search should look like. It just took me a while to figure out how to recreate the order I saw in the opentext clause annotation. One of the more difficult things for me to figure out was how to organize the subsequent clause components after the initial clause component. This is done by clicking the plus sign under the first clause component rather than, e.g., clicking again to the right of the primary clause box. Basically, the more you play around with it, the more its function starts to make sense.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | RSS