BUG 7.10? Link to a specific Note in a note file not possible?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 755
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Nov 14 2017 6:33 PM

I might be wrong, but I'm sure I used to be able to create a link to a specific note within a Note file, using the usual "Copy Location As" in the Note window while the desired note is currently displayed.

However, this does not link to a specific note, but only to the file itself i.e.

https://ref.ly/logos4/Notes?title=NOT%3a+RKLNotes2

Is there no way to create a link to a specific note within the file any more, or was it never there at all?

If possible, how do I do this?

Thanks
Richard

Posts 22546
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 16 2017 12:07 PM

Richard Lyall:
Is there no way to create a link to a specific note within the file any more, or was it never there at all?

Apparently not.

I get logos4:Notes;title=Notes_test wherever I create the link.

For Clippings I only get logos4:Clippings;title=Spiritual_Gifts

For Visual Filter:  logos4:VisualFilter;title=God_Beginning  

l

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 755
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 16 2017 12:33 PM

Yes it seems that way. I seem to remember reading some time back about linking between notes, but it doesn't seem possible now.

Would anyone from Logos care to settle this question definitively? Was this feature available in an earlier version? Is it meant to be there now? If so, when is it coming back?

Thanks
Richard

Posts 7198
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 16 2017 12:48 PM

I have no memory of "Copy location as URL" ever supporting a link to a specific note in a Notes Document.

Maybe it was a feature in Libronix DLS (which always had a "Split" view that showed one note at a time)? https://blog.logos.com/2008/06/linking_between_note_files_and_other_documents/ (If so, libronixdls: links to individual notes were never supported in Logos 4.)

Posts 755
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 16 2017 2:48 PM

I'm guessing the underlying architecture must exist, as clicking a note icon in a resource will open to a specific note, so could this same functionality be encoded into a "Copy Location As" URL? 

If Logos wants to be our primary notetaking environment then being able to do this seems pretty basic to me, as per Evernote and so on.

I'll add a Feature Request.

Posts 7198
LogosEmployee

Richard Lyall:

I'm guessing the underlying architecture must exist, as clicking a note icon in a resource will open to a specific note, so could this same functionality be encoded into a "Copy Location As" URL? 

Given that the team is currently working on a replacement for Notes (see Phil's posts on the subject in the forums), it's unlikely that any enhancements will be added to the current Notes system.

Posts 755
Richard Lyall | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 16 2017 7:00 PM

I look forward to it! 

I can't find any forum post about this with several word combinations, but then I never found the search feature much use, so if anyone has a link, I'd appreciate it. Thanks.

Posts 1875
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Nov 16 2017 7:21 PM

Richard Lyall:
if anyone has a link, I'd appreciate it

Original(?) post here about the new notes system

A few other discussions here, here, and here.

I imagine there are other threads/posts about it, but that should give you a good idea.

You can also try out the web app and provide feedback about the new notes system.

Posts 10022
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 17 2017 10:04 AM

Richard Lyall:
I never found the search feature much use

Try Google

site:community.logos.com AND searchterm

replace searchterm with the words you are seeking

Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install 

Posts 1388
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 18 2017 10:10 AM

Richard Lyall:

If Logos wants to be our primary notetaking environment then being able to do this seems pretty basic to me, as per Evernote and so on.

I'll add a Feature Request.

We have a case in to explore this with the new system. Thanks for the suggestion!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.