Payment plan down payments

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 114
Gerald | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Nov 18 2017 7:34 AM

I noticed when I placed some of the Zondervan sale items in my cart that the payment plan down payments are approximately 1/2 of the purchase price. Is this a new policy or just apply to me? Or just a glitch in the system? Maybe it is the down payment that would be required if the items were not on sale.

Posts 676
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 18 2017 8:16 AM

In your cart, you can open up the payment options and choose your down payment and length from a list by clicking on the down arrow. Did you do that? CS may be able to fix it for you.

Dale Heath

Posts 114
Gerald | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 18 2017 8:20 AM

Dale E Heath:

In your cart, you can open up the payment options and choose your down payment and length from a list by clicking on the down arrow. Did you do that? CS may be able to fix it for you.

Dale Heath

Yes, I compared the several payment options via the drop down menu. The longer the term, the higher the down payment.

Not a huge issue, but did seem odd.

Posts 676
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Nov 18 2017 9:46 AM

Must have been a Zondervan sale thing. It seems to behave normally on other items.

Dale Heath

Posts 62
Ken Hicks | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 31 2017 6:27 PM

Hate to rehash an old topic, but I sat down to prepare a large purchase (this afternoon) and the payment plan system is very odd. This was obviously not a Zondervan thing (as others have suggested) but rather an apparent policy change with Logos. Additionally, there seems to be inconsistencies between the plan terms on the "buy it now" tab on the product page and the terms available when adding the book/set to the cart. Frustrating.

Needless to say, it is always an adventure every 18 months (or so) trying to figure this stuff out. :-) 

Posts 348
Mathew Haferkamp | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 31 2017 7:23 PM

Hey Ken, I ran into the same problem if you call in the sales person can get you the plan you first saw.  Just remember one book more.

Posts 676
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Dec 31 2017 7:49 PM

I've played around with buy it now, but never used it with a purchase plan. I fill my cart with the items I want, email my sales rep with my payment plan wishes, and he emails me back with several options that I can choose from. Sometimes he's also able to discount some of the products and eliminate any overlap (duplicates). It's worth it to use a sales rep. If you have an existing plan, he can combine or add to it.

Dale Heath

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS