Numerous problems

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 640
Jim | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Nov 24 2017 10:51 AM

I've used Logos since it first came out. I'm finding myself wishing for my paper books.

You've made Bible Word Study worse. In the past I could do a Greek word study and get a list of all the places it was used. Now it only lists a subset depending on the portion of the torus you highlight. Even then I can't save that as a passage list. 

I can't even do a simple lemma search without some complex syntax. So I stumbled on putting the word in the search section of my Greek text and it changed it to <Lemma = lbs/el/κόσμος>. I then copied that into the search field of a search panel set for "Search All Bible Text in 1 John in All Bibles. But that isn't what I wanted so I changed "All Bibles" to "NASB95" but that caused "1 John" to change to "All Passages", so I changed "All Passages" back to 1 John ". If I then change "NASB95" to "Top Bibles" it changes "1 John" to "All Passages".

I don't use Logos Notes because for over 20 years you've been unable to make exporting them efficient and useful. I just keep a Word Document open and copy stuff there. But after finally getting my list of uses of κόσμος I don't know how to simply get a list of the passage references for my notes.

The last few major revisions of Logos have made it less useful to me despite your claims that it does far, far more.

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 1887
Donnie Hale | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 24 2017 3:17 PM

I'm having my own frustrations with Logos at the moment. I might be able to help with:

Jim:
But after finally getting my list of uses of κόσμος I don't know how to simply get a list of the passage references for my notes.

If the "list of uses" you're referring to is in the results of a "Search" tab, you can select "Print/Export..." from the panel menu (upper left of the open search tab, with a little arrow pointing down under the large magnifying glass). In the window that appears, you can pick the kind of export that you want to do from the options of the right side.

Donnie

Posts 2304
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 24 2017 3:39 PM

Jim:
In the past I could do a Greek word study and get a list of all the places it was used. Now it only lists a subset depending on the portion of the torus you highlight. Even then I can't save that as a passage list.

Saving as Passage List is still possible. Simply right-click on the heading Translation to get the popup as shown below.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2304
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Nov 24 2017 3:49 PM

Jim:
I can't even do a simple lemma search without some complex syntax.

This is possible by right-clicking on the word in the passage and selecting lemma in the popup then Search this resource. See below.

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

Posts 2067
LogosEmployee

Jim:

You've made Bible Word Study worse. In the past I could do a Greek word study and get a list of all the places it was used. Now it only lists a subset depending on the portion of the torus you highlight. Even then I can't save that as a passage list. 

Click on the word in the center of the ring graph to view all passages.

Posts 640
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 27 2017 9:19 AM

Donnie Hale:
If the "list of uses" you're referring to is in the results of a "Search" tab, you can select "Print/Export..."

Thanks, Donnie. My goal was to get a list of references to paste in a document. I don't see that as an option. Logos only prints a copy of the search results as a table.

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 640
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 27 2017 9:24 AM

Andrew Batishko (Faithlife):
Click on the word in the center of the ring graph to view all passages.

!!! So simple. Thank you for that!! 

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 640
Jim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 27 2017 9:31 AM

Beloved:
This is possible by right-clicking on the word in the passage and selecting lemma in the popup then Search this resource.

"I knew that."  You reminded me of what I forgot. Sometimes when I'm focused on my study I forget things I've done before and do a bit of thrashing around. In a way that is what's bothering my about Logos. Many menus and features have been enhanced to do more things, but in the process have become more complex than previous versions I've been used to using without a lot of thought. 

Have a great day,
jmac

Posts 2304
Beloved | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 27 2017 10:07 AM

Jim:
"I knew that."  You reminded me of what I forgot.

I'm glad to be of some assistance.

Jim:
Many menus and features have been enhanced to do more things, but in the process have become more complex than previous versions

I'm a big fan of the right-click menu it put things right at your fingertips. As for changes and enhancements, I find that a steady diet of the forums keeps you informed and abreast of changes you can even have a voice in their implementation.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS