Remove the Community Highlight

Page 1 of 1 (15 items)
This post has 14 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 8
Chad E Beckman | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 1 2017 4:46 AM

Is it possible to remove the "community highlight" in my library.  I have turned off Community tags, but the dashed line and highlighter still show up saying "5 people highlighted this text" in My Utmost for His Highest and other resources in my library.  Cant find any other place where it might be.

Posts 25355
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 5:05 AM

Chad E Beckman:
Is it possible to remove the "community highlight" in my library.

You need to do it in the resources - the "Popular Highlights" option under the Resource section of the Visual Filter menu

And if you click the arrow to the right of that option you will have the ability to turn them off for all resources in one go

Posts 8
Chad E Beckman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 1 2017 5:23 AM
Graham, That did the trick. Thank you so much. Chad
Posts 4
George Meyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2021 12:00 PM

That did not work for me with Logos 9.6.  Is there some other way to get rid of highlights of words that I did not put in a commentary?

Posts 5627
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2021 12:17 PM

George Meyer:

That did not work for me with Logos 9.6.  Is there some other way to get rid of highlights of words that I did not put in a commentary?

Could you provide a screenshot of the highlights in question?

“The wisdom of the Scriptures is learned rather by prayer than by study.” — St. Philip Neri

Posts 4
George Meyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2021 12:28 PM

Posts 5627
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2021 12:34 PM

Do you have an open Search tab with a search term that includes "my", "Lord", "the", "of", "not" and "is"? Does closing all tabs and then reopening just this specific resource solve your problem?

“The wisdom of the Scriptures is learned rather by prayer than by study.” — St. Philip Neri

Posts 4
George Meyer | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 21 2021 12:44 PM

I closed all tab and then reopened the one that had the highlights.  Problem solved

Posts 21
Rob Poelking | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 7:22 AM

This is indeed frustrating. I know I've turned this off previously but opening a different book shows new community highlights. Is there a global place to turn this off for all resources? No offense to anyone, but I really don't care who else highlighted something. It can be very distracting while reading something to the point I don't want to highlight because it becomes more noise--and heaven knows we already have enough noise in our world. 

Posts 21
Rob Poelking | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 7:27 AM

George,

That is NOT community highlighting. That is a "visual filter" option. You can also turn those off but you may want to remove that filter completely. Go under your docs and look for your Visual Filters.

Posts 12167
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 1 2021 7:50 AM

Rob Poelking:
I know I've turned this off previously but opening a different book shows new community highlights. Is there a global place to turn this off for all resources?

Graham showed this in his post, but here again with visual steps how to do it:

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 21
Rob Poelking | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2021 10:19 AM

You missed it. I know how to do this for ONE resource. I want it turned off Globally. 

Posts 12167
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2021 12:41 PM

Rob Poelking:
I know how to do this for ONE resource. I want it turned off Globally. 

Sorry, I can't read your screenshot, it seems to be a very low resolution. But in fact the setting Graham explained and I re-iterated does turn off the community highlighting (now under L9 called "popular highlights") globally. It does what it says, "do not show in any resource".

I just tested this by having Grudem's Systematic Theology showing alongside Connect the Testaments - using the setting in one of them turned it of for both.

Posts 21
Rob Poelking | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2021 12:44 PM

NB.Mark -- you are absolutely correct! I had missed it initially because you don't see the turn down arrow without hovering over first. Thank you! This will minimize so many distractions to the text. 

Posts 12167
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Dec 2 2021 12:47 PM

Glad to hear it's working now for you!

Blessings for your studies.

Page 1 of 1 (15 items) | RSS