New reverse interlinears?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 425
Mary-Ellen | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Dec 12 2017 4:47 AM

Under "resources updated" on my home page banner, I see some exciting new reverse interlinears:  Greek-Hebrew LXX and a set of Latin-Greek and -Hebrew Vulgates.  But they aren't live links that I can click on.  What are they?  Are these perhaps just some Logos 7 structural updates that aren't yet associated with resources?  Are these perhaps just Logos Now features that aren't quite yet fully implemented?

I'm actually working on a little project right now that could really be streamlined with interlinears like these.

Dell XPS 8930/Intel Core i7-8700@3.20GHz/32GB RAM/Win10 Pro

Trekstor Primebook/Celeron/4GB RAM/Win10 Home

iPad Air/Pixel/Faithlife Connect

Posts 24667
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 12 2017 5:25 AM

Mary-Ellen:
Under "resources updated" on my home page banner, I see some exciting new reverse interlinears:  Greek-Hebrew LXX and a set of Latin-Greek and -Hebrew Vulgates.

These are not actually new but just being updated.

https://community.logos.com/forums/t/129206.aspx?PageIndex=1 talks about them being introduced with the Logos 7 launch with links to more detailed posts about how to use them.

So you should already have them available to you.

Mary-Ellen:
But they aren't live links that I can click on.

Because these are not separately purchasable resources - and they don't show in your library listing - they are not linkable. 

Does this help?

Posts 1633
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 12 2017 5:38 AM

I have hidden all books with "reverse" in title, so I am out of my luck Indifferent

But sometimes I use this https://www.logos.com/product/25723/ 

( It would be nice to have the text proceeding in a column, each word pair in a horizontal line, that would make it even better to read Cool )

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 29373
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 12 2017 6:56 AM

Veli Voipio:
I have hidden all books with "reverse" in title

Reverse Interlinears are data sets, not resources. They cannot be hidden. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 12 2017 7:49 AM

alabama24:

Veli Voipio:
I have hidden all books with "reverse" in title

Reverse Interlinears are data sets, not resources. They cannot be hidden. 

Tide, did you check first? Smiling. I have 13 where the resource and interlinear are synonymous. Eg Canaanite inscriptions, Josephus, Philo, DSS, apostolic, etc  Even the new Latin-English was unique in that way. Granted, all interlinears are database creations. As is each resource.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 24667
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 12 2017 7:52 AM

Denise:
I have 13 where the resource and interlinear are synonymous. Eg DSS, apostolic, etc  Even the Latin-English was unique in that way.

I think you will find those are "interlinears" and not "reverse interlinears"

Posts 11433
DMB | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 12 2017 7:52 AM

Wow did I put egg on my face, or what?!  But while wiping it off, I'd never hide my interlinears. Maybe the glosses.

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 1866
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 12 2017 4:37 PM

Denise:

Wow did I put egg on my face, or what?!  But while wiping it off, I'd never hide my interlinears. Maybe the glosses.

Don't mess with the Tide.

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Posts 29373
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 12 2017 6:30 PM

Never Denise. Smile

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 425
Mary-Ellen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Dec 13 2017 4:27 AM

Wow! That's what I get for not following the forums for long stretches of time -- didn't realize these resources had that "reverse" interlinear capacity, back to original language, not just English/LXX Gk or English/Vulgate Lat.  Thank you all, and thank you Logos!

Dell XPS 8930/Intel Core i7-8700@3.20GHz/32GB RAM/Win10 Pro

Trekstor Primebook/Celeron/4GB RAM/Win10 Home

iPad Air/Pixel/Faithlife Connect

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS