Samaritan Hebrew Pentateuch Priced Too Low.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 11310
Denise | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Dec 29 2017 4:39 PM

https://www.logos.com/product/144547/the-hebrew-pentateuch-of-the-samaritans 

I really don't understand Logos. Sometimes they set a min-bid out of reach of the target customer. Then they set the bid on marginal resources, that can't possibly work. In this case, $6.

In theory, if the bid was $30 or so, it would be into development. I bid $54 because that's what I'd easily pay. As it is, I have to pull a hard copy off the shelf, instead of a click of the wrist.

The Samaritan had a bad-boy reputation due to Mt Gerizim. But the Dead Sea Scrolls and LXX retrieved its usefulness. This one is a good one; the part you don't need is in German. Else, put it right next to your MT, as well as confidently reach for it, where ref'd (pretty often, for me).

"God will save his fallen angels and their broken wings He'll mend."

Posts 2776
Beloved Amodeo | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 29 2017 5:02 PM

I'm in with you, Denise. Although, at half your bid!

Meanwhile, Jesus kept on growing wiser and more mature, and in favor with God and his fellow man.

International Standard Version. (2011). (Lk 2:52). Yorba Linda, CA: ISV Foundation.

MacBook Pro macOS Catalina 10.15.6

Posts 459
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Dec 29 2017 7:09 PM

I've increased my earlier bid to encourage this one along. Hopefully enough people will be interested in this resource. Keep well  Paul 

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 30 2017 12:38 AM

Thanks for bringing attention to this resource. I cannot bid much on it but who knows perhaps the low starting bidding price can help generate more bids?

Posts 341
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 30 2017 3:57 AM

I too placed a bid, but I like the $6 price! Big Smile

Posts 11310
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 30 2017 6:42 AM

I appreciate everyone's replies.

But having watched both CPs and PPs for years, (a) the starting price won't budge after it's established, and (b) after a month or so, if you're not at 60-70, pull the plug.  It doesn't get better.  People stare at the 50%-ers or less for years, and it's not going to happen. 

It's a little ironic; this happened before with Samaritan, eventually they pulled it, and then they did it again. The market for these type resources will always be limited, with a need for higher starting bids.

Posts 1416
HJ. van der Wal | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 9:49 AM

I noticed that a license to the Samaritan Pentateuch is included in the new packages for former BW customers. Big Smile

Posts 11310
Denise | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 10:43 AM

Hmmm, HJ.  Good observation. I can see, only by competitor death, can Logos be induced to help a Samaritan (with apparatus, no less). We may well be on the road up from Jericho.

Posts 3770
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 9 2018 11:30 AM

It will be interesting to see whether it is included in Logos 8 packages (assuming the latter comes out first).

Posts 56
Thaddeus Billman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 1 2018 8:04 PM

HJ. van der Wal:

I noticed that a license to the Samaritan Pentateuch is included in the new packages for former BW customers. Big Smile

I can confirm that the BW Samaritan Pentateuch is the same as the one on Community Pricing as I now "own" the CPP.  No idea if that means they'll fulfill the $6 bids or not, but surely BW package buyers don't have to wait years upon years for the CPP to go through.  (Based on the average discount rate for the package, package buyers paid barely over $6 and get a free apparatus too!)

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS