Clarity of text after PowerPoint import

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 25983
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jan 3 2018 7:10 AM

I've noticed that the clarity of text after importing a slide from PowerPoint is not as good as natively created Proclaim slides.

The first screenshot below is from a slide created using Import -> PowerPoint (converting to images)

while the second was created directly in Proclaim

I appreciate they like quite similar here! But within Proclaim on my computer there is a marked difference. Is this a known limitation / is it due to use of different fonts / something else?

I think - but can't be sure - that it used to work better than this in previous releases.

Any insights appreciated

Thanks, Graham

Posts 166
LogosEmployee
Matt Mattox (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 3 2018 1:48 PM

Hey Graham,

Any presentation created in PowerPoint and then exporting as images into Proclaim will then lower the image quality. Which you have noticed and is expected between the two softwares. 

If you select the 'transfer control to PowerPoint' you will notice the images are pretty sharp, but you lose the ability to control everything in Proclaim.

Posts 25983
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 3 2018 1:54 PM

Thanks Matt

That sort of confirmed what I was seeing - good to know it isn’t a new problem.

Appreciated, Graham

Posts 166
LogosEmployee
Matt Mattox (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 3 2018 1:59 PM

Hey Graham,

I should mention and I apologize that I didn't earlier. It is a known bug in the software when exporting from PowerPoint to Proclaim.

The image quality should be the same between the two softwares .Our developers are aware of this bug and are working on a fix for it. 

I do apologize for my miss guiding information in my previous reply. 

Posts 25983
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 3 2018 2:36 PM

Hi Matt

Thats even better!

Thanks for the update.

Appreciated, Graham

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS