Z.E.B. not appearing in Passage Guide

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 17 2010 4:21 PM

Anybody know why the Zondervan Encyclopedia of teh Bible is not appearing in the passage guide?  I ran one on John 8:12 "I am the light of the world."  Under the "topics list", I see "light" is a topic, but the ZEB is not a resource that is linked in the list.  Other resources that ARE listed are:

Baker Ency. of Bible, ISBE, etc.   You would think ZEB would be there.  And, FYI, it does have an entry for "light."

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 32490
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2010 4:32 PM

Don't know but what I'd look for is (a) how is it indexed i.e. is it really L4 and (b) where is it in my priority list and (c) is it a case of a missing "more" link?

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2010 4:42 PM

MJ. Smith:
(a) how is it indexed i.e. is it really L4

do you mean, what's its file extension?  I would think it is L4, it is a brand new resource from Zondervan.  Or do you mean something else?

MJ. Smith:
(b) where is it in my priority list

I had not prioritized it, but after doing so, and re-running the PG, still no ZEB under "light."

MJ. Smith:
(c) is it a case of a missing "more" link?

That, I would not know.  There is no "more" link, to be sure.  I just don't know if there is supposed to be one there.

thanks for weighing in, MJ.  Your help is always appreciated!

Posts 32490
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2010 5:27 PM

One more possibility - is it tagged in the library as a dictionary? Just a thought.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 17 2010 5:30 PM

MJ. Smith:

One more possibility - is it tagged in the library as a dictionary? Just a thought.

Type:dictionary

Posts 26688
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 7:13 AM

It's not just Zondervan that would be missing, but that is your newest and best!! I'm missing Harper's and Unger's + a few others - some prioritised, some not. I don't know what goes on in that Topics section. Try adding a Collections section with a collection of your dictionaries and see if appears there.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 8:29 AM

Dave Hooton:
Try adding a Collections section with a collection of your dictionaries and see if appears there.

That would obviously work, I would think . . . but why would we have to resort to that?  Have you ever heard any explanation for this, Dave?

Posts 217
LogosEmployee
Jannie van Niekerk | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 11:34 AM

I think this might be casing issue. I get the same results you do in the Passage Guide, but running a Bible Word Study on "light", I get a hit in ZEB H-L, plus all the flavours of the word "light" in my dictionaries, so it doesn't seem to be a resource issue.

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Apr 19 2010 2:07 PM

Jannie van Niekerk:

I think this might be casing issue. I get the same results you do in the Passage Guide, but running a Bible Word Study on "light", I get a hit in ZEB H-L, plus all the flavours of the word "light" in my dictionaries, so it doesn't seem to be a resource issue.

Thank you for your attention, Jannie.  Btw, I don't know what a "casing issue" is, but I will take your word for it!  Smile

Posts 26688
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 20 2010 7:10 AM

Dan DeVilder:

Dave Hooton:
Try adding a Collections section with a collection of your dictionaries and see if appears there.

That would obviously work, I would think . . . but why would we have to resort to that?  Have you ever heard any explanation for this, Dave?

I was a little previous with that recommendation.  Collections section will only use dictionaries that have the PG reference (eg. Jn 8:12) in an article, which may be related to the passage but it could be unrelated. The Topics section works similar to the Topic section of Basic Search ie. search for light & see what dictionaries are listed. I got 3 of the 6 listed in PG; which was 6 of the 15 that contain that topic! So I don't know what criteria is applied in PG.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 26688
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 20 2010 7:19 AM

Dan DeVilder:

Jannie van Niekerk:

Thank you for your attention, Jannie.  Btw, I don't know what a "casing issue" is, but I will take your word for it!  Smile

BWS can be set to use a collection of your dictionaries, so you would expect all relevant dictionaries to be listed for "light".

Sounds like Logos have a case that will fit 6 dictionaries of their choice (priority?)Smile

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS