Greek Grammar beyond the Basics by Daniel b. Wallace - Question

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 53
Matthias | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 6 2018 7:10 AM

Hey Guys. I have a question about the Greek Grammar beyond the Basics by Daniel Wallace.

I am very Interested in that thing. 

But I don’t get the package of it. On Amazon I can buy the book, but on YouTube I am seeing Videos of that thing, too. So is the Video Version of it just the same as the book? Or do I need to get both To have access to all the information?

Also, I don’t know if I should buy the real book or the electric Version on logos. Has it useful Features on logos, i mean is it kind of useful to have the electric Version of it instead?

Thank you^^

Posts 53
Matthias | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 6 2018 7:19 AM

I kinda found the answer of my first question; Daniel posted this on his website daniebwallace.com

Although it (the video lecture) is based on my grammar, four things especially are new: (1)  greater discussion of a few key exegetical passages and the impact syntax makes on them; (2) interaction with the recent view among some linguists and grammarians that deponency is a myth; (3) more arguments and evidence against the view that the Greek verb system does not grammaticalize time; and (4) an updated discussion of reasons for the historical present’s usage. In short, there are some things in this video lecture set that cannot be found in my grammar.“

Posts 1216
Matt Hamrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 6 2018 8:50 AM

The Wallace resource is a standard second year Greek textbook in many colleges across America. If you study Greek you will need this resource at some point. 

Posts 2039
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 6 2018 9:02 AM

ML1992:
Also, I don’t know if I should buy the real book or the electric Version on logos

Get the Logos version! 15 years from now when you are studying a particular passage for a lecture or sermon, the tagging will remind you that Wallace cites this verse as an example of _______. This is where language study assists in exegesis of a passage as compared to language acquisition for the sake of comprehending a language.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS