Deleting Hidden Resources

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 149
Alexander Fogassy | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 11 2018 5:55 AM

I have a ton of titles in my hidden resources section of the settings. I want to clear this out. How can I delete the list all at once?

Posts 149
Alexander Fogassy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 6:17 AM

Also, can I hide an entire collection as a collection?

Posts 11725
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 6:25 AM

Alexander Fogassy:

I have a ton of titles in my hidden resources section of the settings. I want to clear this out. How can I delete the list all at once?

Deleting documents from this list would mean to unhide them - i.e. get them back into the library. Is that what you want? Otherwise you will have to just ignore that this list is there (it won't hurt, it's just a reminder that you own the license o those books, even if they don't show in your library and are no longer consuming space on your HD)

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 11725
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 6:30 AM

Alexander Fogassy:

Also, can I hide an entire collection as a collection?

Yes. You need to filter the library to only show your collection (which works via the in ...... selector to the right of the find box: select the collection there), then select all resources shown (select the first and scroll down, then with shift-click select the last) and then Ctrl-rightclick, last option: Hide these resources 

EDIT: Screenshot - I have a collection named "Perseus Latin resources", if I wanted to hide them all in one go - which would remove them from my library and HD, but make their titles appear in the hidden resources list you asked about - see http://wiki.logos.com/Hiding_Books 

Posts 149
Alexander Fogassy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 6:51 AM

Awesome, this is very helpful.

Yes, I want to actually delete the titles in my current hidden folder so that they no longer show up and I have an empty hidden resources folder with them not being unhidden

Posts 11725
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 9:21 AM

Alexander Fogassy:
Awesome, this is very helpful.

Thanks!

Alexander Fogassy:
I want to actually delete the titles in my current hidden folder so that they no longer show up and I have an empty hidden resources folder with them not being unhidden

This is currently not an option - and I don't really get the rationale. If you never want to use a certain resource or bundle in total, you can give back the license to Faithlife (some users did this with some of the Perseus bundles, or the Richmond Times), otherwise, such as in cases where you want to use part of a bundle and part not, or don't want to get rid of the license, you hide them. The list in Logos is your way to "get them back" one day. Since hidden resources are deleted from your HD, they won't disturb - and you don't need to look at that list.  

Posts 149
Alexander Fogassy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 9:57 AM

How do I give the license back? Yes, this is due precisely to my hidden Persius titles

Posts 24662
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 11 2018 9:58 AM

Alexander Fogassy:
How do I give the license back?

You need to contact Customer Services - details at https://www.logos.com/contact 

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS