Does Logos Software play better with multiple SSD's or is one just right.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 156
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 16 2018 9:07 AM

I am building a computer dedicated to Logos

I have read lots of places that certain programs do much better when the program is separated from the data it is using.... in other words, the software is much faster with two ssd's ... one for the program and one for the data.  

Does Logos do better with two ssd's (one for the program and one for the data) rather than one bigger one.... or is this not relevant to Logos?????

Please, any comments. I am about to build a system for Logos only and will use multiple ssd's if that is ideal for Logos........ If not, I will just get one.

thank you ALL.

Rob

Posts 1633
Forum MVP
Veli Voipio | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 16 2018 9:22 AM

Rob Lambert:
Please, any comments

May guess is that separating the program and data does not help in Logos. I have two SSD:s (2x256) and they are in RAID configuration, and for fetching data that is ok. My computer is 5 years old and in that time this setup was thought to be good http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/ssd-raid-benchmark,3485-3.html . Nowadays the situation might be different.

Gold package, and original language material and ancient text material, SIL and UBS books, discourse Hebrew OT and Greek NT. PC with Windows 8.1

Posts 3444
LogosEmployee
Philana R. Crouch | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 16 2018 9:48 AM

Hi Ron,

Our application installer does not support the ability to install the application data and the application itself on different hard drives. It also would likely not provide any performance enhancements if it was possible.

Blessings,

Philana

Posts 156
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 16 2018 10:22 AM

Thank you Veli... wow, the world has changed a lot since 2013.... thank you very much. 

Rob

Posts 156
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 16 2018 10:25 AM

Philana, thank you THANK YOU.... this buttons it up... I appreciate this info very much.... it is GREAT to have real info directly from The Source (YOU!!!).

One fast SSD it will be..... you just saved me a few hundred dollars.... 

Rob

Posts 26613
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 16 2018 12:43 PM

I always have a Data partition on my drive; preferring not to mix large data files and System files. Logos is installed to that partition as it is mainly data (select Custom when installing, then enter the Data drive e.g. E:\ ). It is also a repository for my System backup (image copy), which is much smaller without many GB of data.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 156
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jan 16 2018 3:36 PM

Thank you very much Dave.   This really helps me.

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS