Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 14
Scott Sobie | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jan 16 2018 11:23 PM

Greetings, for the past several days, my Logos (on my Macbook Pro) has been crashing about a minute after opening Logos, even if I do nothing.  This is the only app on my Macbook which is doing this, and I've tried redownloading the Logos app, but that hasn't changed anything.  The program just shuts down and an error informs me that Logos has quit unexpectedly.  For now, I'm using the Logos browser app for my study, but I would so appreciate knowing what is going here and how to fix it.  In all my years of using Logos, I've never had this problem.  I've attached the archive log. 

Thank you,

Scott1856.LogosLogs.veselkovo2.20180117-091538.zip

Posts 24608
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 17 2018 12:28 AM

Hi Scott

It looks as though there are problems with the metadata associated with three files - identified as LLS 15.0.4 , 16.0.7 and 15.0.3 (but I'm afraid I don't know which resources these actually are).

And it looks as though the crash is related to these.

If the resources could be identified then hiding them (to remove them from your disk) and then restoring them might address the problem.

But until someone can identify these resources or suggest something else I'm afraid I can't think of anything else

Although I suspect working offline would not crash - could be worth trying for a bit.

Graham

Posts 14
Scott Sobie | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 17 2018 12:50 AM

Thanks for your thoughts, Graham.

Working offline still doesn't help, the program crashes within about a minute.  Another strange thing here - If I close Logos before it has the chance to crash, it gives me the same error message:  "Logos quit unexpectedly."  I wonder if there's any way that I could find out what those resources are which could be causing the problem?

Posts 24608
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 17 2018 1:01 AM

Scott Sobie:
I wonder if there's any way that I could find out what those resources are which could be causing the problem?

Try putting LLS:15.0.4 into the Logos command box (if you get chance before it crashes) and see if that identifies the resource.

I don't think I have it so can't do that here.

Posts 11703
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 17 2018 1:47 AM

Graham Criddle:

Scott Sobie:
I wonder if there's any way that I could find out what those resources are which could be causing the problem?

Try putting LLS:15.0.4 into the Logos command box (if you get chance before it crashes) and see if that identifies the resource.

I don't think I have it so can't do that here.

It's https://www.logos.com/resources/LLS_15.0.4/shorter-catechism-of-the-westminster-confession-standards 

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 24608
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 17 2018 2:12 AM

Thanks Mick

Do you happen to know what the others are?

16.0.7 and 15.0.3

Posts 11703
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 17 2018 2:34 AM

Graham Criddle:

Thanks Mick

Do you happen to know what the others are?

16.0.7 and 15.0.3

https://www.logos.com/resources/LLS_16.0.7/westminster-confession-of-faith

https://www.logos.com/resources/LLS_15.0.3/the-larger-catechism-of-the-westminster-standards 

both from Morton H. Smith, same as the one above

(note, I don't own then, I just used logos.com/resources and changed the LLS-part of the URL)

Running Logos 9 latest (beta) version on Win 10

Posts 24608
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 17 2018 2:57 AM

NB.Mick:
(note, I don't own then, I just used logos.com/resources and changed the LLS-part of the URL)

A useful trick to know - thanks MickSmile

Posts 24608
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 17 2018 3:00 AM

Scott Sobie:

So the resources are:

• Shorter catechism of the westminster confession standards
  • westminster confession of faith
  • the larger catechism of the westminster standards

What happens if you hide them (hopefully before Logos crashes)?

Does that cause Logos to start working properly?

And remember to restore them afterwards - info on doing this is at the same link as per hiding them

Posts 14
Scott Sobie | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 17 2018 5:38 AM

Ok, thank you so much for trying to help me with this problem!  After hiding these three resources, I have tried restarting Logos several times with the same resulting crash.   For now, I haven't restored the resources.  But I've created a new log.  Does anything in it give you a clue to what could still be going on?

Thanks again,

Scott

8535.LogosLogs.veselkovo2.20180117-153554.zip

Posts 24608
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 17 2018 6:58 AM

Scott Sobie:
Does anything in it give you a clue to what could still be going on?

Sorry but I can't get anything else out of that.

It's possible that my original suggestion was totally off-track, if so apologies.

Hopefully someone else will be able to glean something more from the logs

Posts 9069
LogosEmployee

It looks like you have some corrupt data in a local file, which is crashing Logos 7. You should be able to fix it by deleting this file:

/Users/veselkovo2/Library/Application Support/Logos4/Data/frcfq76p.asu/ReadingProgressManager/readingprogressmanager.db

Posts 14
Scott Sobie | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jan 17 2018 11:01 AM

Thank you so much, Bradley, this appears to have done it.  It's not crashing now.  Problem solved!  I'm very, very grateful for the guidance. 

And, Graham, thanks to you as well for looking into this for me! 

I'm happy to get back into studying the Word with Logos. 

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS