Higher resolution images/scaling for high-DPI displays?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 3217
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 20 2018 8:09 PM

On the topic of doing as much work we can do at once, when resources are rebuilt, would it be possible to rescan any lower-DPI images?

Images from some modern resources don't appear to be as sharp as possible (at actual size), making it impractical to even try to zoom the image.

Posts 24923
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 2:58 PM

PetahChristian:

What is the actual scope of your request and when?

Bradley stated that a mass update for the immediate issue of missing highlights is not necessary, so are you wanting fixes to both hyperlinks and images as a separate request or in conjunction with a hypothetical "mass update" initiated by Faithlife?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3217
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 3:37 PM

Just requesting that when any resources are updated for any reason, that any lower-resolution images also be fixed in addition to whatever else FL is doing.

No rush.

Mostly just frustrated that when I come across some recent archeological color photo in a resource, I often can't see more detail, or make out any writing, etc.

Would love to be able to see sharper images at actual size (e.g., when viewed on a super retina display), or be able to zoom in without the image becoming super-pixelated. That's all.

Posts 24923
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 4:48 PM

PetahChristian:

Just requesting that when any resources are updated for any reason, that any lower-resolution images also be fixed in addition to whatever else FL is doing.

No rush.

Together with hyperlinks?

PetahChristian:
Mostly just frustrated that when I come across some recent archeological color photo in a resource

The colour photos in Reflections of God's Holy Land are fabulous, showing what can be done. But I wasn't questioning the need to improve images.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3217
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 21 2018 4:57 PM

Dave Hooton:
The colour photos in Reflections of God's Holy Land are fabulous, showing what can be done.

Amen. Love that book.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS