Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 18
Matthew Owen | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Sep 19 2009 9:33 AM

Can anyone reproduce the following error? I do an exegetical search on Romans 14 and it gives me the guide for every verse. I go down to 14:15 and hit the reveal triangle to show the word by word. When I click on the Greek word for "grieved" (NIV is my default English Bible) it opens the Bible Word Study window and shows me that this lemma occurs 20 times in the NT but doesn't return any results below. It works properly for every other word in verse 15 but this one. Can anyone reproduce this or am I something I'm doing wrong?

Posts 18
Matthew Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2009 9:34 AM

P.S. I'm running Snow Leopard and the version of Logos that was released yesterday.

Posts 10893
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 19 2009 10:47 AM

Matthew Owen:

Can anyone reproduce the following error? I do an exegetical search on Romans 14 and it gives me the guide for every verse. I go down to 14:15 and hit the reveal triangle to show the word by word. When I click on the Greek word for "grieved" (NIV is my default English Bible) it opens the Bible Word Study window and shows me that this lemma occurs 20 times in the NT but doesn't return any results below. It works properly for every other word in verse 15 but this one. Can anyone reproduce this or am I something I'm doing wrong?

Matthew

Worked for me. Which Greek text are you using? I have NA 27 selected, and it shows 26 uses in the NT. All are listed in the Word Study window.

Jack

Posts 18
Matthew Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2009 12:49 PM

Jack,

Thanks for such a quick response and my apologies for taking a while to revisit this. I am using NA 27 as well. When I do the Word by Word for Romans 14:15, I get all the hits for the words in the verse. For instance, it shows there are 341 instances of brother, 20 instances of grieved, 17 instances of eat, etc. When I click on the actual Greek word, it shows me every instance of each word in the NT - except for the word, λυπεομαι, (grieved/distressed).When I click on λυπεομαι Logos doesn't bring up every instance in the NT.

And on top of that you are seeing 26 uses in the NT. I fired up VMware and opened Bibleworks and that program confirmed you are correct, 26 instances in 21 verses. But Logos is only showing me 20 instances in the hit counter and won't show me the verses.

I'm trying to narrow down whether this is user error or not :).

Thanks again for your help.

Posts 18
Matthew Owen | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2009 9:22 AM

Jack, FWIW I figured it out. I was actually using the ESV Reverse Interlinear...so changed it to NA 27. User error as I suspected. Thanks for the help.

Matt *Stops Beating Dead Horse*

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS