Introducing Faithlife Connect

Page 14 of 14 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14
This post has 279 Replies | 15 Followers

Posts 165
Clifford B. Kvidahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 1:48 PM

Hey Chris,

I have to yet to receive any emails regarding Faithlife Connect. Can you look into this for me when you get a moment?

Thanks,

Cliff

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 3:57 PM

Clifford B. Kvidahl:

Hey Chris,

I have to yet to receive any emails regarding Faithlife Connect. Can you look into this for me when you get a moment?

Thanks,

Cliff

Hi Cliff and others who are wondering about their emails, please see my post here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/160589.aspx 

Posts 205
Marshall Harrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 4:05 PM

Why cant we use our Logos Now coupons for book purchases? I'm not interested in putting it towards a feature set or a subscription.

Posts 27542
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 4:14 PM

Marshall Harrison:

Why cant we use our Logos Now coupons for book purchases? I'm not interested in putting it towards a feature set or a subscription.

In case you don’t get an official answer, here’s my guess. The features and data sets go directly to faith life. When you purchase a book, it is going to the publisher primarily, and Faithlife secondary.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 3189
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 4:19 PM

Marshall Harrison:

You can use the coupon for L7 or L8 library purchases. If nothing interests you now, I suggest waiting until L8 is released. You may change your mind once you see what becomes available.

Another option is to check out the extended feature set, or the essential upgrades sets. They contain some useful resources (in addition to a feature set) that you might want to add to your library.

Posts 1810
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 4:23 PM

Disciple of Christ (doc):

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

I can say that we will do our best to level the playing field between owning and subscribing. We don't want to put features out of reach for our owners by limiting them to subscriptions. There might be a few minor cases where that is unavoidable, but our goal is to provide the same feature experience to both audiences.

You haven't done anywhere near your level best at the moment Phil. Owners are being punished for being owners. Simple fact no matter which way you want to paint it. Stop believe your own press and start remembering what it is to be a customer.

I meant this in the context of using Logos Bible Software, not more broadly to include things like Faithlife TV that are not as well suited for the ownership model. I agree we can do better. I was expressing our desire and plan for Logos 8.

Posts 1810
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 4:26 PM

Marshall Harrison:

The goal of the code was to help people make the transition from Logos Now into the right solution for them moving forward: a Logos 7 feature set or base package, a Logos 8 feature set or base package, or a move up to Faithlife Connect Essentials. More books isn't really a replacement for Logos Now, so we didn't expect people to want to use their codes in that way.

Posts 205
Marshall Harrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 4:35 PM

I'm happy with the feature set I own and with my Silver library plus other books I have acquired. I wanted to put the code towards Barnes Notes on the Old and New Testament which would have used all but $.01 of my $100 code. Disappointed again.

Phil, if I call my rep can it be applied to the Barnes Notes set?

Posts 263
Greg Corbin | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 5:36 PM

Certainly, I understand the confusion that many have and even the frustration about paying for a subscription to books I already own. However, I DO NOT feel that I have lost anything or that Faithlife has taken anything away from me. First of all, I have access to every resource I have paid for. Second, my LogosNow subscription is for those features and products for one year.  Faithlife is honoring that and giving me a little extra time. I am getting what I paid for this year with LogosNow. Third, Faithflife isn't forcing me to subscribe to Faithlife Connect. They have simply told me the new options I have in light of their business realities.  It is up to me to decide how to proceed.

I haven't lost anything. Faithlife is fulfilling everything I paid for.  The issue is what I will pay going forward. That is true with any product or service that we deal with. Am I happy about all of this?  Not really because I will likely wind up paying more money. Am I angry?  No.  Am I still "on board" with Logos and believe in the company and its leadership. YES. 

Posts 1810
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 5:55 PM

Marshall Harrison:

I'm happy with the feature set I own and with my Silver library plus other books I have acquired. I wanted to put the code towards Barnes Notes on the Old and New Testament which would have used all but $.01 of my $100 code. Disappointed again.

Yes.

Posts 205
Marshall Harrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 6:27 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Marshall Harrison:

Yes.

Thanks Phil. I'm a happy camper now. I'll call on Monday and make the purchase.

I'll continue to add the free Now book of the month as I have 9 more months until my subscription expires. I'll be mostly adding books on Paul and the spread of the early church.

Posts 676
Robert Peters | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 24 2018 1:19 AM

Chris duMond:

Dave Thawley:
Chris, Do we own the courses with this product or do we end up losing them from our library ?

Dave, the courses will be access, not ownership. You'll have one year from the issuance of code(s) to select a course, and then 6 months of access to that course once you select it.

When will the codes be issued and will they be all mobile Ed courses?

Posts 3189
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 24 2018 2:17 AM

Robert Peters:

When will the codes be issued and will they be all mobile Ed courses?

The codes are already available. You can go to http://connect.faithlife.com/get-started and scroll down to Claim your benefits.

You can use it on any individual (not in a collection or bundle) course from the entire catalog.

Posts 396
Jordan Litchfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 24 2018 10:46 AM

scooter:

We, the buyers + renters, are stakeholders.  Bob,  you should have put that long statement out + then stayed with the forums, reading + answering, for day one, then come back for day two to do more of the same.

I believe it was [+ is] your responsibility to us customer-stakeholders to do this: to clear your calendar + have the courage + commitment to be with us through the fray.

Leaders lead - all parts of - change, Bob.  You did not complete your mission here.  

Scooter, Bob has been engaging! He has posted and responded extensively in the LN forum. I am not happy either with the overall manner in which this change was communicated, but to be fair, Bob has taken quite a bit of time to engage with us in the other forum.

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 24 2018 12:05 PM

Jordan Litchfield:

scooter:

We, the buyers + renters, are stakeholders.  Bob,  you should have put that long statement out + then stayed with the forums, reading + answering, for day one, then come back for day two to do more of the same.

I believe it was [+ is] your responsibility to us customer-stakeholders to do this: to clear your calendar + have the courage + commitment to be with us through the fray.

Leaders lead - all parts of - change, Bob.  You did not complete your mission here.  

Scooter, Bob has been engaging! He has posted and responded extensively in the LN forum. I am not happy either with the overall manner in which this change was communicated, but to be fair, Bob has taken quite a bit of time to engage with us in the other forum.

Jordan, I would want a leader there from the beginning to give us a briefing + take the grief coming back at him.  As he said, he was ''on the road.''

This shows us he values us less than he should have.......Up front in terms of being there from the start......not part way thru day 2.

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 24 2018 12:10 PM

+ scooter, just above   My message starts 3 lines up: ''Jordan...''

Looks like I started it wrongly.  Twice. I tried to delete it, to no gain.

Posts 27542
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 24 2018 12:24 PM

A forum moderator could assist you with that if you would like. 

FWIW - Your reply must come after the last:

You likely had one below the line you could see in the edit box. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 24 2018 12:27 PM

JT (alabama24):

A forum moderator could assist you with that if you would like. 

FWIW - Your reply must come after the last:

You likely had one below the line you could see in the edit box. 

JT....if U could, please. And, thank U.

Posts 1810
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Mar 2 2018 2:27 PM

Check out Bob's announcement about the new migration plan for Logos Now members.

Posts 31
-- | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 10 2018 4:27 AM

I got the e-mail regarding the new, new Faithlife Connect and want OUT.  Please refund me for everything and send me the coupon code promised.  I have tried to get this resolved via e-mail and your support staff is refusing to do so.

Thanks.

Page 14 of 14 (280 items) « First ... < Previous 10 11 12 13 14 | RSS