Page 2 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 52 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 54
Gregory Chambers | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 11:41 AM

This is why I do not like subscription software or services.  Faithlife seems to be taking a page out of DirecTV's playbook.  Create many confusing levels and then charge outrageous prices for them.

I was initially leery of Logos Now, but subscribed anyway.  It has proved worthwhile.  However, Faithlife just convinced to turn off "auto-renew" and stick with regular base package.

It's really sad to see Logos, er, Faithlife turn into "that" kind of company.  Greed is a sin.

Posts 3191
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 11:53 AM

Gregory Chambers:
Greed is a sin.

Sad

We don't know the reason(s) why they made that decision. Only God knows a person's heart.

Let's not accuse them of sinning, please, especially since none of us are without sin.

Posts 2695
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 11:57 AM

Just turned of the auto renew. If we all do that I think they'll get the idea and maybe reconsider. Before this I was a happy Logos Now subscriber. Now, I have a very bad taste in my mouth regarding this company.

Posts 702
JH | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 12:02 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Just turned of the auto renew. If we all do that I think they'll get the idea and maybe reconsider. Before this I was a happy Logos Now subscriber. Now, I have a very bad taste in my mouth regarding this company.

Same here - just turned it auto-renew as well. I really like Logos Now - don't like the new model...

Posts 148
Victor Ulloa M. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 1:21 PM

Logos will maintain my full feature set until my renewal date.  But then I will have to pay extra $100 to get access to Hebrew Lemmas and Sermon Editor (just two of the missing features from the "Starter" Connection, but the two critical to me).  After I moved a lot of materials to the Sermon Editor, now I have to get it back to Microsoft Word or pay? mmmm... it's so close to ransomware!

So I'm thinking about using the $200 coupon to get a Logos 8 feature set (not subscription type) and then never, never again upgrade... a "freeze in time" Windows 10 Logos 8 machine, ha ha!

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 1:39 PM

JH:

Kevin A. Purcell:

Same here - just turned it auto-renew as well. I really like Logos Now - don't like the new model...

Just wanted you to know that, even if you turn off auto-renew, you will still retain your Logos Now benefits and Connect benefits. For those whose auto-renewal date ended BEFORE 11/12/18, we extended your benefits access for Logos Now to 11/12/18. If your renewal date is later than 11/12/18, you will have access to Logos Now until then. You will also be able to use your promo code on an upgrade to a library, feature set or upgrade Connect if you decide to turn that back on. 

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 1:39 PM

I wonder if the policy will still be true that 2-3 months after a major release, the "free" engine is released? That has happened with every version of Logos so far...if that continues, than your software will always be compatible with latest versions of operating systems, even though you won't necessarily get new datasets/features etc. - but what you have will continue to work as software evolves.

I wonder if that policy will continue. 

Posts 27558
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 1:49 PM

Don Awalt:
I wonder if the policy will still be true that 2-3 months after a major release, the "free" engine is released?

Don Awalt:
I wonder if that policy will continue. 

I am sure it will continue. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 482
Bootjack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 4:41 PM

I have to concur, Greg. To hurl a price from 100.00 to 200.00 American ( a lot more here in Canada) leans heavily to the realm of the bizarre.  

This starts with one individual, who then suggest it to his comrades and then on to us the bewildered customer. 

We have all read regarding those (including myself) who were on the Fence as to buying into this LN, some saying it was out of their ballpark financially. I'm sure those same ones now are feeling like investing into a huge bottle of Pepto Bismol, but only of course when it's on sale. :-) 

ASUS Rogue / 500 GB Samsung SSD / 500 GB HD / 16 Gigs of RAM/ Logos 8 Full Feature Set / Faithlife Connect Essentials 

Posts 556
Jesse Blevins | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 5:11 PM

Yes

Kevin A. Purcell:

Yes

Posts 205
Marshall Harrison | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 5:43 PM

I've turned off auto renew on both subscriptions. My Now expires November 27 so I'll wait until then to make a final decision and see that FL will come to their senses on this. If nothing changes I may just take my $100 certificate and put it towards Logos 8...on the other hand, I may just walk away entirely. 

Posts 777
Bill Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:09 PM

I'm inclined not to subscribe to Faithlife Connect and have been a Logos Now subscriber. I received a generous $200 credit, which I'll plan to use to purchase a full feature set. The question I have is whether I should purchase the Logos 7 full feature set which for me is about $150 right now, or wait and pay for the Logos 8 full feature set at a price that hasn't yet been announced. I assume if I don't pay for the full Logos 7 feature set before Logos 8 comes out, the Logos 8 full feature set will cost more. I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

Posts 119
Gary Mendenhall | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:28 PM

Kevin A. Purcell:

Yes  Ditto..just turned off auto renew for Faithlife Connect!

Posts 917
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 9:06 PM

Bill Anderson:

I'm inclined not to subscribe to Faithlife Connect and have been a Logos Now subscriber. I received a generous $200 credit, which I'll plan to use to purchase a full feature set. The question I have is whether I should purchase the Logos 7 full feature set which for me is about $150 right now, or wait and pay for the Logos 8 full feature set at a price that hasn't yet been announced. I assume if I don't pay for the full Logos 7 feature set before Logos 8 comes out, the Logos 8 full feature set will cost more. I'd appreciate anyone's thoughts on this.

I am in exactly the same boat as you Bill and am asking myself the same questions Big Smile

I have decided that, for now, I will do nothing - primarily because until November nothing at all changes in respect of my Logos Now benefits. So there is no rush.

I have no interest at all in the "add-ons" provided by Faithlife Connect so it is unlikely I shall be a subscriber. I am however very interested in the feature set.

Personally, I think it would be unwise to purchase the Logos 7 feature set knowing as we do that Logos 8 is just around the corner. I'm sure the Logos 8 feature set will cost more, but I would anticipate there will be some launch discounts to partially offset this. That, plus the generous credit already received, makes me think that waiting for Logos 8 is the best option.

I could be totally wrong of course Big Smile

Posts 1812
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 9:43 PM

David Carter:
Personally, I think it would be unwise to purchase the Logos 7 feature set knowing as we do that Logos 8 is just around the corner. I'm sure the Logos 8 feature set will cost more, but I would anticipate there will be some launch discounts to partially offset this. That, plus the generous credit already received, makes me think that waiting for Logos 8 is the best option.

My personal recommendation would be to wait for Logos 8. You already have access to everything in the Logos 7 Full Feature Set. Why not enjoy that for the next 9 months and then upgrade to Logos 8. Yes, the L8 Full Feature Set will cost more than the Logos 7 Full Feature Set, because the former includes the latter—you're getting them both. But buying the L8 FFS will cost less than buying the L7 FFS and then upgrading to the L8 FFS.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 5:27 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

My personal recommendation would be to wait for Logos 8. You already have access to everything in the Logos 7 Full Feature Set. Why not enjoy that for the next 9 months and then upgrade to Logos 8. Yes, the L8 Full Feature Set will cost more than the Logos 7 Full Feature Set, because the former includes the latter—you're getting them both. But buying the L8 FFS will cost less than buying the L7 FFS and then upgrading to the L8 FFS.

Thanks for your input on this. Like Bill and David, I had been trying to decide if to buy the L7 FFS now or wait for L8 and what you've said here makes sense. Plus I have some time to save up for the difference between the cost of the L8 FFS and the coupon.

Posts 460
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 7:13 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

Thanks Phil for this recommendation. I have expressed my frustration elsewhere (along with many others), but am still planning on using Logos in the future and trying to decide the best way forward which for me will not likely be a subscription. This is helpful.

Posts 8898
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 10:17 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
Yes, the L8 Full Feature Set will cost more than the Logos 7 Full Feature Set, because the former includes the latter—you're getting them both. But buying the L8 FFS will cost less than buying the L7 FFS and then upgrading to the L8 FFS.

I think that is wise advice that I'm not sure everyone understands. We have time to wait and consider things.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 781
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 11:39 AM

Bruce Dunning:
We have time to wait and consider things.

And maybe sweeten the pot.

Posts 24851
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 24 2018 2:34 PM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):
But buying the L8 FFS will cost less than buying the L7 FFS and then upgrading to the L8 FFS.

Is that true in every case, though?  Are you assuming that the buyer owns NO features from prior versions of Logos?

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Page 2 of 3 (53 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS