Faithlife Connect punishes Logos' best customers!

Page 2 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 84 Replies | 6 Followers

Posts 1107
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 6:00 PM

MJ. Smith:

Sean:
TL,DR

Okay, I had too look this up. I prefer the "too lazy" expansion ... Wink

Hey, whichever works for you... Stick out tongue

Posts 1928
Donovan R. Palmer | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 6:37 PM

Punish? I don’t know, but certainly maybe not identified with in terms of how they might find the change hard to swallow.  Change comes hard, but failthlife connect starter is no replacement for logos now. 

Posts 17964
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 6:58 PM

Nord Zootman:
I upgraded Logos to 7 and decided that Logos Now made more sense than buying the full features and I liked the idea of always being current. Now that it has been increased 140% I can no longer recommend it to Pastors serving in small rural areas like myself. I would encourage young men in Seminary to look other directions for their tools.

Thankful for Bob Pritchett explaining Why Faithlife Connect => Logos Now and Faithlife Connect: The Why

Thankful can demonstrate many usable Bible Study features with a Faithlife account that has $ 0.00 total for orders. Thankful for free Logos 7 Basic => https://www.logos.com/product/136022/basic and Verbum Basic => https://www.logos.com/product/136168/verbum-basic along with many free Logos resources => https://www.logos.com/products/search?q=price%3a0 and free Faithlife EBooks => https://ebooks.faithlife.com/search?context=product&sortBy=price-low

Thankful free Basic packages include "access-only" Bibles with Reverse Interlinears, which enable visual filter highlighting of Greek verbal nuances so can "see" range of verbal expression in Lexham English Bible (LEB), King James Version (KJV), and SBL Greek. Thankful Faithlife enabled sharing of documents so they can be freely copied for others to use.

Apologies since not know of other Bible software with similar capability to combine lots of search results for simultaneous display.

Keep Smiling :)

Posts 352
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 7:00 PM

Mike, Thanks. 
Weird, I just signed back up to Now. Cloud, I don't remember, unless it was another other name. All these name changes. I can't keep up. Big Smile Big Smile Big Smile

Posts 352
Batman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 7:16 PM

PetahChristian 

PetahChristian:

Hmm. Better than the 1% cash back on credit cards. Together with that 2%, that's 3% cash back. No reason to be grateful?

What is wrong with us, if we can disparage people (or a company) instead of seeing the good that they also do? I think the only thing we should get angry about is how we poorly treat one another.

2% is good for milk. That's about it. Big Smile
"Better than the 1% cash back on credit cards". 
That's not EVEN good enough for milk. I get amazed as to how they act like they are giving us a whole bunch. For every 100 pennies I spend, they'll give me one penny back? And then charge me another 21-35 pennies every year? Oh boy I'm jumping up and down on that one. But, yes, you are correct. Two is better than one, but, I do agree with Mike, it's almost not even worth mentioning. 

And I totally agree with you on this one: What is wrong with us, if we can disparage people (or a company) instead of seeing the good that they also do? I think the only thing we should get angry about is how we poorly treat one another. 
But, at the same time, many companies (I'm speaking in general) need a good swift kick upside their heads, the horrible things they do; and we just sit back and let em do it. 

As far as this new system goes, I'll have to wait and see. I hadn't heard of it until just now; and just rejoined L Now, so, I probably won't qualify for any of the benefits next year. 

Posts 151
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:21 PM

PetahChristian, 

please explain what you mean when you say essentials.  I got a 200 voucher and I sure would like to understand... It feels like my main tool, lemma in passage and my main resource book I am currently in (Lexham Hebrew Interlinear Bible) are gone.

Posts 151
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:28 PM

Dear Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :)

Wonderful visual filter set up on the example..... did you get that from a video or an article or ????   I have tried in the greek with not near as much success.... VERY NEAT

Posts 3219
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:31 PM

Rob Lambert:
please explain what you mean when you say essentials.

As in Faithlife Connect Essentials (a Connect pricing tier equivalent to Logos Now).

Any new customer who subscribes to that would be getting the equivalent of Logos Now, along with other Faithlife Connect benefits.

Rob Lambert:
I got a 200 voucher

Rob, you are in the best possible situation. If you check your subscriptions, you should see "Faithlife Connect Essentials - Annual," which will not expire until February 22, 2019.

That means you are getting free (Logos Now and) Faithlife Connect benefits for a whole year, which include lemma in passage, and the interlinear.

I'd recommend that you save your voucher until L8 is released, then decide whether you want to continue to subscribe (to FC Essentials), or own (buy the L8 FFS).

P.S. Make sure to take advantage of your FL Connect Essentials free book(s) and access to courses (by visiting https://connect.faithlife.com/get-started and scrolling down to Claim your benefits.

Posts 151
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:37 PM

guys.... what does tl,dr mean?????

Posts 1107
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:40 PM

Rob Lambert:

guys.... what does tl,dr mean?????

"Too long, didn't read" Stick out tongue

Posts 151
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:40 PM

Thank you.... I knew that!!!!!!!

Posts 151
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:46 PM

I have been trying to figure this out.... i think that the "essentials" does not start costing till 2019 ... is that right???

Posts 1107
Sean | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:51 PM

Rob Lambert:

I have been trying to figure this out.... i think that the "essentials" does not start costing till 2019 ... is that right???

For me it would start immediately. I didn't get transitioned to Essentials, only Starter--no thanks!

Posts 3219
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 8:59 PM

Rob Lambert:

For your subscription, that's correct, Rob. As FL has said, enjoy the free benefits at no cost to you :)

Posts 132
LogosEmployee
Chris duMond (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:09 PM

PetahChristian:

Rob Lambert:
I got a 200 voucher

Rob, you are in the best possible situation. If you check your subscriptions, you should see "Faithlife Connect Essentials - Annual," which will not expire until February 22, 2019.

Just to clarify and avoid confusion...

Just because Rob got a $200 promo code, does NOT automatically mean he was transitioned into Connect Essentials (although he very well could be). There are a variety of factors that determined the level, and the promo code and the level of Connect are not interlinked. 

Posts 17964
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 22 2018 10:25 PM

Rob Lambert:
Wonderful visual filter set up on the example..... did you get that from a video or an article or ????

Learning Greek provides new meaning for phrase "that's Greek to me" as can read parts of Greek New Testament while other parts are Greek.

Logos wiki has => Extended Tips for Highlighting and Visual Filters that includes

Thankful Logos Greek Morphology visual filters created using Logos 4 are usable in Logos 7 and Verbum 7 plus can be freely copied.

Recent thread => How to identify words added by translators in ESV using Visual Filter? includes discussion of more visual filters.

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 2718
Kevin A. Purcell | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 3:32 AM

Sean:

Bob Pritchett:

(I just called Keith to discuss his particular situation, but wanted to reply here so others can see.)

We've tried to take particular care of our best customers; Logos Now subscribers should have received (by end of today -- 500 of the emails got backed up) special offers that address the changes, ranging from credit with which to buy a feature set and 'lock-in' the feature sets they had via Logos Now subscription, to free access to Faithlife Connect for some customers who are significant transactional purchasers.

I will post a new thread soon with more explanation and reasoning.

With respect, please don't give us a TL,DR post about why this is such a great deal with new added benefits. The bottom line is that probably the majority of us don't want to pay $240 a year to maintain the features we previously paid $99 for. That is the issue.

Yep!

Problem is they can’t afford to. With all the $$ coming in from us they still can’t pay the bills from what Bob said.

Posts 959
Yasmin Stephen | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 6:05 AM

Chris duMond:

Just because Rob got a $200 promo code, does NOT automatically mean he was transitioned into Connect Essentials (although he very well could be). There are a variety of factors that determined the level, and the promo code and the level of Connect are not interlinked. 

Thanks for mentioning this. It's not the first time I'm seeing this incorrect inference being made. I got a $200 promo but got transitioned to the Starter level.

Posts 3219
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 6:08 AM

Chris duMond:

Sorry for assuming that the credit and level were related.

Thanks for the explanation, Chris.

Posts 151
Rob Lambert | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 7:02 AM

Thank you Mr. or Ms. Smiling very much.... More homework!!!!!!!!!

Rob

Page 2 of 5 (85 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS