Question: When is the best time to completely reload Logos?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 140
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Feb 23 2018 5:54 AM

Answer: Not on a Friday!

Just downloaded and ran a Mac program called "Disk Doctor Pro". I never did see "Logos" in the list of things that could be tossed, BUT when I started up Logos a few minutes ago, my entire library (in the Application Support folder) had been trashed. So, I'm spending today downloading and installing and reindexing. Happily, I don't use Logos for sermon development, and I can still use Scrivener to work on Sunday's message. 

Note to self: don't do computer maintenance on Friday!

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 7:10 PM

You should be able to access your library from app.logos.com 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 17906
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 23 2018 10:25 PM

Pastor Greg:
Just downloaded and ran a Mac program called "Disk Doctor Pro". I never did see "Logos" in the list of things that could be tossed, BUT when I started up Logos a few minutes ago, my entire library (in the Application Support folder) had been trashed.

May want to add an exception for Logos4 Application Support folder, which is used by Logos application (folder names are a bit different so suspect Disk Doctor assumed Application Support folder was safe to delete since did not match application bundle folder name).

Keep Smiling Smile

Posts 140
Pastor Greg | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 24 2018 4:21 AM

Oh, I was back up and running by 10 am or so, and reindexing only took a couple of hours. Thanks for the suggestions!

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS