Better Than March Madness: 73% Off Mobile Ed Course!

Page 1 of 6 (117 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 116 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 508
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Mar 3 2018 8:20 AM

Bruce Waltke's substantial OT300 Theology of the Old Testament course is currently listed at 73% off.

And the discount will grow as more people sign up: previous similar scenarios have seen $500 and $600+ courses go for far less than $100.

For those who appreciate learning through lectures (faith comes by hearing, after all!), this represents way better value than even whatever wins Logos March Madness 2018.

One of the things I love most about Old Testament theology is how it opens up our understanding of New Testament theology.

If you have a moment to click a link and to think, please visit and consider:

www.logos.com/product/149558/mobile-ed-ot300-old-testament-theology

Posts 684
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 8:43 AM

FL, please set up  some lower minimums.

Posts 684
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 8:44 AM

Gordon Jones:

Bruce Waltke's substantial OT300 Theology of the Old Testament course is currently listed at 73% off.

And the discount will grow as more people sign up: previous similar scenarios have seen $500 and $600+ courses go for far less than $100.

For those who appreciate learning through lectures (faith comes by hearing, after all!), this represents way better value than even whatever wins Logos March Madness 2018.

One of the things I love most about Old Testament theology is how it opens up our understanding of New Testament theology.

Good Marketing strategy, Gordon.  Very catchy title!!!

Posts 508
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 8:51 AM

scooter:

Good Marketing strategy, Gordon.  Very catchy title!!!

Big Smile

Posts 8567
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 12:23 PM

scooter:

FL, please set up  some lower minimums.

This could help, but it could also hinder. The lower it goes the more bids are needed, but the lower price might attract more people.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 684
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 12:33 PM

Bruce Dunning:
This could help, but it could also hinder. The lower it goes the more bids are needed, but the lower price might attract more people.

I could never pay the Mona Lisa full price, nor the Monet 40pc off if the project was in pre-pub.

But, I can pay 70USD.

This is a slow process that allows the dropping price to create its own news.  As well, those of us interested in lowering the price create news in the thread by saying, ''Hey, look here.''

I see it as more good teaching spread to more people.  N'est pas??

Posts 8567
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 12:43 PM

scooter:
This is a slow process that allows the dropping price to create its own news. 

It is an interesting thing to consider various pricing strategies for Community Pricing. I think you are right that the slow process of dropping the price creates more interest. For instance, if the price started out at $100 it might take longer to gain momentum. It is hard to say what might happen.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 684
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 12:50 PM

?

Bruce Dunning:
I think you are right that the slow process of dropping the price creates more interest.

Was not ''John'' involved in this bidding process?  ''Hebrews''?  I was on the sidelines, but seem to remember long and winding roads.

I feel the OT has less traction, + so am hoping a lowering + low price [in the end] creates its own magnetic pull.

Posts 2736
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 1:41 PM

Bruce Dunning:

I think you are right that the slow process of dropping the price creates more interest.

I like to think that FL has it down to a science, gradually lowering the minimum at optimum intervals to ensure that it can continue to get a reasonable number of new bids to preserve upward momentum to 100%.

CP books start low and people drive the prices up to get them funded (faster). CP courses start high (because fewer people buy courses) and people drive the prices down to make them more affordable.

Posts 8567
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 4:52 PM

PetahChristian:

Bruce Dunning:

I like to think that FL has it down to a science, gradually lowering the minimum at optimum intervals to ensure that it can continue to get a reasonable number of new bids to preserve upward momentum to 100%.

CP books start low and people drive the prices up to get them funded (faster). CP courses start high (because fewer people buy courses) and people drive the prices down to make them more affordable.

I think that is an expanded version of what I was trying to say.

Posts 2736
Forum MVP
PetahChristian | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 3 2018 6:23 PM

Bruce Dunning:
I think that is an expanded version of what I was trying to say.

I appreciate your conciseness, Bruce!

Posts 95
Dave Colclough | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 4 2018 2:25 AM

Another Mobile Ed on community pricing popped up yesterday, Mobile Ed: TH222 Theological Anthropology, hopefully this is proving to work well and they'll be more to come! https://www.logos.com/product/150579/mobile-ed-th222-theological-anthropology 

Posts 562
Dave Thawley | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 4:02 AM

Thanks Dave

This looks interesting. 

Trying to be as noble as a Berean , Acts 17:11

Posts 684
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 4:06 AM

Dave Colclough:
Another Mobile Ed on community pricing popped up yesterday, Mobile Ed: TH222 Theological Anthropology, hopefully this is proving to work well and they'll be more to come! https://www.logos.com/product/150579/mobile-ed-th222-theological-anthropology 

FL, please install a bio of Dr. Marc Cortez.  Thanks.

Posts 684
scooter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 4:14 AM

Dave Colclough:

This is his book: https://www.amazon.ca/Christological-Anthropology-Historical-Perspective-Contemporary/dp/0310516412/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1520251996&sr=1-2&keywords=marc+cortez

Posts 1673
Paul N | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 7:25 AM

scooter:

Dave Colclough:

This is his book: https://www.amazon.ca/Christological-Anthropology-Historical-Perspective-Contemporary/dp/0310516412/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1520251996&sr=1-2&keywords=marc+cortez

also in Faithlife Ebooks

https://ebooks.faithlife.com/products/53754/christological-anthropology-in-historical-perspective

Posts 1251
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 8:00 AM

Gordon Jones:

Putting this out to get the conversation pointing back to the ME course in the original post so we don't lose sight of it.

Posts 1251
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 5 2018 8:02 AM

scooter:

Bruce Dunning:

I could never pay the Mona Lisa full price, nor the Monet 40pc off if the project was in pre-pub.

But, I can pay 70USD.

This is a slow process that allows the dropping price to create its own news.  As well, those of us interested in lowering the price create news in the thread by saying, ''Hey, look here.''

I see it as more good teaching spread to more people.  N'est pas??

Hoping Faithlife will note the price-points desired by interested customers and decrease the lowest bid option.

Posts 508
Gordon Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 8:35 PM

Rick Ausdahl:

Hoping Faithlife will note the price-points desired by interested customers and decrease the lowest bid option.

The bid option range now includes the $100 price-point. That should trigger a lot of Logos users to put in a bid and, hopefully, we'll find that the projected price falls below even that level. Smile

Posts 920
Myke Harbuck | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 8 2018 9:45 PM

Gordon Jones:

The bid option range now includes the $100 price-point. That should trigger a lot of Logos users to put in a bid and, hopefully, we'll find that the projected price falls below even that level. Smile

yes! Yay!

I hope a lot more courses are launched this way! Sure does make these courses more affordable!

Myke Harbuck
Lead Pastor, www.ByronCity.Church
Adjunct Professor, Georgia Military College
Mac OS 10.13.6 High Sierra, Mid 2015 iMac, 2.5GHz i7, 32 gbRAM, 1tbSSD

Page 1 of 6 (117 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS