iPad or HP slate?

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3
This post has 43 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 6:35 AM

Michael Birney:

Apple, based in Cupertino, California, had a head start over its rivals, releasing the iPad in a “very mature form,” he said.

“It’s probably going to take a year to two years for them to get to the same functionality as the iPad,” Hilwa said.

This is what I found with Android, when it came out, my first impression was that it resembled my first gen iPhone in functionality. Personally, I believe comparing the two is counter productive though, they are being pointed at two different user groups, just like the Mac and Windows are. Apple will probably always be smoother (Slicker) because of the control they maintain over the product. When you give up that control, it is bound to make a difference in how the device looks and operates. This isn't necessarily a bad thing though.

Posts 281
Sean McIntyre | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 7:18 AM

I just want to see http://library.logos.com//beta=true developed more full as this solves many cross platform problems.Would be nice for it to sync with my account for example. I like the home page on l4 and this would look great in a browser.

Posts 490
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 7:23 AM

We're going to see lots of tablets from many different companies. I think it's a change comparable to the shift from command line computers to GUI computers. It's a new way of doing things, and quite probably the future. One day, you'll simply have this one device. Need a larger screen? Plug it into a monitor and add a keyboard if necessary.

And there will be platform wars just like in the early days of consumer computing. Apple's iPhone OS, HP/Palm's Web OS, Android, Windows Mobile--these will all be contenders and when the dust settles, probably only a couple of significant platforms will remain.

But there's a lesson to be learned in missing the paradigm shift. WordPerfect was king of word processors in the command line days. But they were slow to create a Windows version and MS Word (established in GUI form first on the Mac and then on Windows) became the dominant player. Major software companies like Microsoft and Adobe could easily be left behind in the new wave if they aren't making attempts to port their software to these new platforms.

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 2950
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, May 14 2010 3:57 PM

For me as Prerequisite Window 7 

Blessings in Christ.

Page 3 of 3 (44 items) < Previous 1 2 3 | RSS