Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 20 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Apr 24 2010 5:49 AM | Locked

I don't use the NIV much (if at all), but just noticed that I got a download this morning for the NIV reverse interlinear NT... definitely a happy day for those who have been waiting for it. I guess the OT is still forthcoming.

Urban Scholar - http://urban-scholar.com 
Christ-centered Hip-Hop - http://www.sphereofhiphop.com

Posts 1559
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 24 2010 6:57 AM | Locked

I got the download too and it's indexing (again, 3rd time in two days -- I'm on beta).

How do you find out what gets downloaded since Logos does not provide that information consistently?

Peter

Posts 26810
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 24 2010 7:05 AM | Locked

Watching other posts in the forum is best.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 24 2010 7:30 AM | Locked

PeterLi:
How do you find out what gets downloaded since Logos does not provide that information consistently?

I keep my Resources folder sorted by date with newest items on top, so I just took a look @ that folder. That was the only way I knew what resource it was that was downloaded.

Posts 2759
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 24 2010 9:09 AM | Locked

Given the historical statement , I never expected this NT to materialise for several more months.

Rick Brannan:
Actually, we thought we had a line on some files we could use to bootstrap the NIV NT Reverse Interlinear alignment, but they did not materialize — so we're going back and doing that alignment from scratch, and that's the reason for the difference in timing. I think the end product will be better and more in line with how other NT reverse interlinears represent grammatical structures; but it did set us back a bit.

Apologies for how this particular resource has had problems and how those problems have been perceived. The NT alignment is under way, and we're hoping the OT will commence shortly.

Congtratulations and Thanks to everyone involved in its mapping and production.

La Rosa, i wouldn't expect the OT before 2011 (I expect I will be proved wrong but..)

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Posts 2889
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 25 2010 2:01 PM | Locked

I suppose the NIV interlinear is only in the beta software.  Wonder when we all might get it?

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 25 2010 2:07 PM | Locked

Michael Childs:
Wonder when we all might get it?

Most likely when 4.0c is released

Posts 3305
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 25 2010 3:26 PM | Locked

The interlinear is not displaying in the NIV for me- the button is there and acts as if is activating but nothing displays.

Anyone else?

Posts 596
LaRosa Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 25 2010 4:38 PM | Locked

make sure you're in an NT passage... it's still there for the OT, but doesn't do anything

Posts 3305
Whyndell Grizzard | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Apr 25 2010 6:07 PM | Locked

Yes

Posts 13
Stephen Feild | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 1 2010 9:17 AM | Locked

I see several folks saying that they have the NIV Reverse Interlinear for the NT.  I bought a package that contained it, yet I do not have it.  Can anyone explain why?  I have been waiting  for this since I bought the package.  It was one of my main reasons for upgrading.

Posts 9138
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 1 2010 9:49 AM | Locked

Stephen J Feild:

I see several folks saying that they have the NIV Reverse Interlinear for the NT.  I bought a package that contained it, yet I do not have it.  Can anyone explain why?  I have been waiting  for this since I bought the package.  It was one of my main reasons for upgrading.

Are you running a beta version of 4.0c? The NIV NT Reverse Interlinear is currently only available in 4.0c Beta 5 or later.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 1 2010 9:54 AM | Locked

Bradley Grainger:
Are you running a beta version of 4.0c? The NIV NT Reverse Interlinear is currently only available in 4.0c Beta 5 or later.

Now that's what I call a dedicated work ethic. Answering customer questions on your day off...Yes

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 1 2010 10:07 AM | Locked

Paul Golder:

Bradley Grainger:

Now that's what I call a dedicated work ethic. Answering customer questions on your day off...Yes

i missed this thread when it came out (celebrating my birthday, I think!), and was pleasantly surprised to find LaRosa had started this, with others adding to it.  I appreciate having the NIV Rev Int, thank you very much Logos.  With it being a more dynamic translation, using the Rev Int. will be fun and helpful! 

I use The Message for serious Bible study, however and eagerly await its Rev. Int.   . . . . . . . . . . . jk jk!!!!  (I do use it, but I said that last sentence in jest.  I know the firestorm that is waiting to be unleashed at equating The Message with "serious study."  Devil

Seriously, though, thank you for the NIV addition, Logos!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 13
Stephen Feild | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 1 2010 11:43 AM | Locked

Since you Logos gurus have been so prompt and accurate about diagnosing that my issue indeed was that I am running 4.0b and not the c-beta, I have two follow up questions.

Anyone have a guess as to when 4.0c comes out post beta?

How buggy is that beta?  I would love to start using the NIV Reverse Interlinear now if things weren't too buggy.

Posts 13419
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, May 1 2010 12:47 PM | Locked

The beta is pretty stable, though there are some performance issues some users are having. We're on beta 7 now, and dozens of bugs have been squashed in the process. There are some nice new features, too.

So, I would recommend upgrading to the beta, unless:

• You have lots of user-created content (notes, etc.) that you really cannot afford to risk losing in any circumstances. (There's a tiny chance a beta could wipe out or corrupt content like this.)
  • You daren't risk being without Logos for a day or so if the worst happens and you need to completely reinstall.

It's also possible to install the beta in a separate Windows user account (or indeed to install the non-beta in a separate account as a backup).

FWIW, I've been running the beta without any major issues for several weeks.

Posts 5
Clarence Gammill | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 12 2010 6:53 AM | Locked

Thanks! you answered my question too

Posts 46
Scott Dietrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 7:59 AM | Locked

Any recent word on the NIV and NLT interlinears? I have 4.0c SR1 and they're not here. Thanks.

Posts 5573
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 8:03 AM | Locked

Scott Dietrick:

Any recent word on the NIV and NLT interlinears? I have 4.0c SR1 and they're not here. Thanks.

I have both NIV and NLT reverse-interlinears for the NT. It appears that the OT is still in progress for both versions.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 46
Scott Dietrick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 8:16 AM | Locked

Oops... my bad... didn't check that... I do indeed have it for NT. C'mon OT! I know the guys are working hard on it.

Page 1 of 2 (21 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS