Windows 7/Vista Rating with Logos 4

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 36 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 37
John Norman | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Apr 27 2010 7:33 PM

Could everyone post their Windows Ratings on their systems along with their subjective Logos 4 experience?

My Netbook has a Windows Experience index Rating of 2.0 and it runs ok as a reader, but not so good for creating user data.  Gaming Graphics was the lowest factor.

My good laptop  has a Windows Experience index Rating of 3.0 and it runs great as a reader, is okay taking notes, and very slow after importing highlights.  Gaming Graphics was the lowest factor again.

(You rating can be found here:      Control Panel\System and Security\System)

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 27 2010 7:40 PM

John,

I am not where I can get to my laptop to check the rating, however I can tell you that when I upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Win 7 Home Premium I saw significant imporvement in the overall performance of my computer and L4 specifically.

Posts 456
Roger Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 27 2010 7:57 PM

4.3.  Runs very well, even when indexing.  It does take some time to switch between Layouts (about 13 to 18 seconds). Once I'm in a layout things run fairly smoothly and I can change commentaries in about 1 sec. or less.

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 28 2010 4:59 AM

I'm very pleased with the way Logos runs on my laptop (my desktop is better, but I'm not using it right now)

Posts 3917
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 28 2010 6:04 AM

mine is 3.1.  It works fine for me.  Not perfect, but I like using it!

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 28 2010 6:29 AM

Fred Chapman:

John,

I am not where I can get to my laptop to check the rating, however I can tell you that when I upgraded from Vista Home Premium to Win 7 Home Premium I saw significant imporvement in the overall performance of my computer and L4 specifically.

Checked my rating at 3.3

Posts 302
John Graves | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 28 2010 7:08 AM

on win 7 my lowest is the desktop graphics at 4.6 and gaming at 6.7.  the slowest process is changing layouts at about 7-8 secs.

Posts 225
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 28 2010 7:24 PM

W7 - 4.9, which is graphics score.  Runs and searches great, lag time is greatest for switching layouts (8-12 seconds or so).  Just did a search of Hebrews 1:1-14 from the home page, it took about 12 seconds to finish and put it on the screen.  Very little lag time for most everything else.

That is the one I am in front of now.

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 1:37 AM

I have no idea where you get the ratings from that you are talking about, but I just tried changing from layout to layout using a number of different lay outs and it takes 4-5 seconds.  I also tried looking up the Hebrews passage 1:1-14 from my home page and it took about 5-6 seconds.

I have a 1.3 ghz  processor  with 4gb of ddr 3 ram of memory, and a 500 gig hard drive at 5400 rpm speed and a shared graphics card.

I have about 2200 books in my library.

In Christ,

Jim

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 2:03 AM

I found my rating it is only 3.9

In Christ,

Jim

Posts 13423
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 2:41 AM

My lowest rating is 5.5 (RAM). My Logos performance is pretty good, with the biggest frustrations being home page generation (up to 30 seconds, once per day) and waiting for parallel resource sets to generate (3-7 seconds, every time I click them). Switching layouts takes up to 30 seconds, too, but as that involves opening 10-15 resources, I figure that's only 2 seconds per resource, which is acceptable. I do have a fairly large library, and some quite complex collections which explains some of the performance problems, I think.

Posts 383
Daniel Bender | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 3:11 AM

I am pleased with my laptop's performance. Eventually I'd like to get a new desktop. Given some of the specs I've seen posted on the forums does make me wonder what it would be like to have a fast responsive system. If I have any complaints it's that my old desktop does some things in Logos 3 much faster than I can do them in L4 with my newer laptop. However, it can't touch the basic searching speed of L4.

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 3:13 AM

My L4 runs fine except that the Home Page refresh on startup is horrible...and changing layouts is slow....but overall, very snappy...

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 225
Michael Birney | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 6:12 AM

5.9 on the office computer -  that score being the hard drive.  Just to compare to last nights results, changing between layouts still takes about 10-12 seconds.   Search from homepage of Hebrews 1:1-14 takes about 8 seconds (since I have the same library on both computers, and the same programs run in the background, this is probably the best way to compare the speed).  Opening books and switching between tabs has no lag time, even typing in notes is not "jerky".

Posts 8662
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 6:51 AM

John Norman:
Could everyone post their Windows Ratings on their systems along with their subjective Logos 4 experience?

Just got a new laptop, so I'm stepping up a slight bit from my former machine.  Overall, this is quite snappy.  I'm not seeing many "whiteouts" where the system pauses for a few seconds.  On average I see one of those a day, and I'm running the beta.

Keep in mind, that contrary to many people (apparently) I am a relentless multitasker.  It's not unusual for me to have 100+ tabs open in Firefox, Logos 4, 2-6 Word processing documents, a spreadsheet or two, and another program up and running all the time. 

IOW, I push my systems till they squirm a bit.  I always have. 

I'm happy with L4 on my laptop - though I'm still trying to figure out how to get my two 22" monitors back in play.

Component Details Subscore Base score
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU M 430 @ 2.27GHz 6.6
  Determined by lowest subscore
Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB 5.9
Graphics ATI Mobility Radeon HD 4670 6.7
Gaming graphics 2778 MB Total available graphics memory 6.7
Primary hard disk 367GB Free (451GB Total) 5.9

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 37
John Norman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 7:03 AM

So it seems scores in the 3.x range offer generally acceptable performance, and scores in the 4.x and above range offer good to excellent performance...  Good to know...  Thanks all...

Posts 71
Paul Buckhiester | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 7:12 AM

3.4 (Video) Overall acceptable performance.

Posts 50
Randy O'Brien | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 8:42 AM
Processor Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU M 620 @ 2.67GHz 6.7
  Determined by lowest subscore
Memory (RAM) 4.00 GB 6.8
Graphics NVIDIA Quadro FX 880M 6.4
Gaming graphics 2298 MB Total available graphics memory 6.4
Primary hard disk 206GB Free (296GB Total) 5.9
Windows 7 Professional

new laptop - great response to all. However, I don't have a lot of notes. 5.9 relates to the 7200 rpm hdd. I'd like to see what a SSD rate would be here.

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 8:59 AM

Randy O'Brien:
I'd like to see what a SSD rate would be here.

My SSD (Intel X25-M G2) rates 7.8

Posts 50
Randy O'Brien | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 10:53 AM

Ron Keyston Jr:
My SSD (Intel X25-M G2) rates 7.8

Thanks, Ron. That's very helpful info.

blessings,

Randy

Page 1 of 2 (37 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS