Let's work out together a consistent resource highlighting system

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 22 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 3680
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Mar 20 2018 7:03 AM

I see there are a number of members now but no posts as of yet. Hopefully everybody is not just waiting for someone else to make the first move. As for me, I need to wait to have opportunity to do some before I can post on it, so it will probably be a few days. 

As an alternative to working on a new text, one can post a picture of a text they have marked that either (1) they are happy with and submit as suggestion of an effective way to do it or (2) they are frustrated with and look for comments and suggestions from others. 

Posts 3680
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Mar 21 2018 7:56 AM

I posted a discussion question on the group page. 

A passing note: I am very busy and I am sure this is true of many of you. As a result, we prefer to multi-task and in the present case, it means that my tendency would be to prefer to implement changes as I go in the context of what I already need to read in Logos.

However, as we did some exercises on speed-reading in the course, it struck me that there is much value in practice outside of what we normally have to do. In the case of speed-reading, it is easy to illustrate: it is okay for me to work on speed vs. comprehension when the text I am reading does not matter to me. If I must read a text, then I am not free to, for instance, push my speed up to see how it impacts my comprehension.

I am thinking that it would probably be the same for marking. If we intend on practising on what we must read, we might be frustrated with the experimental aspect and it will probably interfere with our ability to concentrate on what we "must" do with that resource. It might be worth our time investment to practice marking strategies and approaches on other texts, hone our skill and schemes, and then when we feel more comfortable with it, start using these where it matters.

Posts 2693
DominicM | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Mar 24 2018 7:40 AM

Francis:

Thanks, Dominic, for your post. It would be helpful to explain your scheme.

• I think that numbered items are self explanatory but when do you use letters (A, B, C, etc) instead?
  • I am not sure what is the relationship between what seems to be a preview of the style (e.g., [ D >> ] and the text Orange_D. Does the marking appear as a blue [ D ] or an orange D? Also not sure what Orange_XT stands for. 
  • Claim and reason seem clear enough. I assume that "key" means a key statement (which may not be a main claim)? 
  • What is [ Research ] : something you tag as needing to be researched further at a later point?
  • It looks like everything is in the same colour. If so, can you comment on why?
  • Is this the whole scheme/palette or is there more to it than what shows in your screenshot?

I use low light on Android Blue in PC becomes orange in APP

Research is needing further study 

I have other colours also

Never Deprive Anyone of Hope.. It Might Be ALL They Have

Page 2 of 2 (23 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS