Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Apr 29 2010 1:39 AM | Locked

(I haven't found this in the forums). Resources have their own sections. If running a PG on a passage I get a list of resources. If/when the resources has different sections than the PG a click in the list will open that resource to the next section in that resource.

If running Jn 15:10-17 and clicking WBC will open to Jn 15:11 becuase v 10 is in the previous section vv 9-10. I think it would be better if Logos will open the resource to the previous section in the resource if the passage in PG doesn't fit the sections. What do you think?

Posts 35775
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 1:43 AM | Locked

I agree - I think a similar problem was reported early.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 27906
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 3:22 AM | Locked

EbbeAndréasson:
If running Jn 15:10-17 and clicking WBC will open to Jn 15:11 becuase v 10 is in the previous section vv 9-10. I think it would be better if Logos will open the resource to the previous section in the resource if the passage in PG doesn't fit the sections. What do you think?

Similarly, for a PG on Matt 7:28-29 MacArthur Study Bible will open to 7:29 instead of 7:24-28. However the passage reference is 7:24 even though the section is 7:24-28. So technically, PG is correct.  Is that different with WBC?

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 3:47 AM | Locked

Dave Hooton:
Similarly, for a PG on Matt 7:28-29 MacArthur Study Bible will open to 7:29 instead of 7:24-28. However the passage reference is 7:24 even though the section is 7:24-28.

And the first thing you do, is to scroll up to verse 28?

Dave Hooton:
So technically, PG is correct.  Is that different with WBC?

I took WBC just as an example. This is true for most or every resources. My suggestion was, if passage in PG not match the resource sections "correctly" then open the section before, because there will  you find the first verse in the passage you are studying. If the PG, in your example, will open Mt 7:24 you don't have to scroll up. I know you have to scroll down instead, but I think that will give you a much better overview what the resource tell about the passage.

Posts 27906
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 5:56 AM | Locked

EbbeAndréasson:
I took WBC just as an example. This is true for most or every resources. My suggestion was, if passage in PG not match the resource sections "correctly" then open the section before, because there will  you find the first verse in the passage you are studying.

I wasn't disagreeing - just wondering about that particular passage. I've found the problem exists only when the first verse of the PG passage is the last verse of a resource passage eg.  PG 6:44-56 does not match 6:30-44  - but sometimes it does!

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 10:52 AM | Locked

Dave Hooton:
I wasn't disagreeing - just wondering about that particular passage. I've found the problem exists only when the first verse of the PG passage is the last verse of a resource passage eg.  PG 6:44-56 does not match 6:30-44  - but sometimes it does!

Now I see what you meant. WBCs sections is 15:9-10, 15:11-17. Running a PG for 15:10-17 and then click WBC will open to section 15:11-17. I think section 15:9-10 is only milestone tagged to 15:9. I can see why it behave this way but I don't think it's the best way.

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 5 2010 1:36 PM | Locked

There was some improvement to commentary navigation from Passage Guide in 4.0b, but there are evidently some lingering issues. I'll report this.

Posts 527
Ebbe Andréasson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 6 2010 5:58 AM | Locked

Melissa Snyder:
I'll report this.

Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS