Hebrew Bibles

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 786
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 22 2018 1:41 AM

Does Logos have a Hebrew Bible that has all the marginal notes in the text?  I'm not talking about the critical apparatus, where it discusses the various readings, and has little letters throughout the text.  This is the Masorah, which are Hebrew words and letters in the margins, and the text has little circles over the words that are referred to in the margin.

Look at Frederick Danker's Multipurpose Tools for Bible Study rev ed, pp. 48ff, if you have it

Thank you

Posts 89
David Staveley | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2018 1:51 AM

Larry Craig:

Does Logos have a Hebrew Bible that has all the marginal notes in the text?  I'm not talking about the critical apparatus, where it discusses the various readings, and has little letters throughout the text.  This is the Masorah, which are Hebrew words and letters in the margins, and the text has little circles over the words that are referred to in the margin.

Look at Frederick Danker's Multipurpose Tools for Bible Study rev ed, pp. 48ff, if you have it

Thank you

The closet match to what you are looking for is the Hebrew Bible Manuscript Explorer:

https://www.logos.com/product/56414/hebrew-bible-manuscript-explorer

That has access to High Resolution photos of the actual manuscripts, and in them you will be able to see the footnotes and margin notes the Soferim have made.

All of the other available Hebrew Bibles which have notes are the critical ones, showing variant readings.

Dr David Staveley Professor of New Testament. Specializing in the Pauline Epistles, Apocalyptic Judaism, and the Dead Sea Scrolls.

Posts 13397
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2018 4:42 AM

Larry Craig:
Does Logos have a Hebrew Bible that has all the marginal notes in the text?

The BHQ has the Massorah, although the BHQ isn't yet complete.

You can also purchase the Massorah Gedolah, which contains the notes. Unfortunately, though, it doesn't scroll with a Hebrew bible, so it's fiddly.

Posts 786
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2018 9:43 AM

thank you

There are no sample pages, of course, but the price is good.  I don't know how easy it would be to navigate through this.  I keep my Hebrew text open  on my computer all the time for whenever I read the OT.  Not sure this is workable for what I want.

We'll see.

Thanks again,

Posts 786
Larry Craig | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Mar 22 2018 9:44 AM

thank you

I'l check it out

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS