Best way for Faithlife Connect members to navigate the "Free Classic Books" list

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 1217
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Mar 29 2018 5:02 PM

When selecting the link to browse free classic titles on the Faithlife Connect members page, the linked page opens (as of the time of this posting) with 3,187 titles.  That's 213 pages at the default setting of 15 titles per page, and even at 60 titles per page it's still a 54 page list.

I know the option is provided to sort the list in a variety of ways, but it's still 3,187 entries to navigate.  I'm wondering if anyone has a tip(s) to make the navigation a little easier--i.e. more likely to help you quickly locate resources of potential interest without straying outside the bounds of the free classic books offered to members.

Posts 541
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2018 11:31 AM

I just bit the bullet and created a special category in my wish list. Then I sorted the list you're referring to by the highest price. I added the books I wanted to my wish list and then searched on authors and sets, adding a few of those to my wish list. I've got 24 picked out that will hold me until the website is fixed. I order from my wish list and get the code from the FC page.

Dale Heath

Posts 1286
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 9 2018 12:56 PM

I navigated to the one or two authors on the list I was most interested in.

I tried sorting by highest price first, but I think that option was broken last time I checked.

Peter

Posts 541
Dale E Heath | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 10 2018 11:35 AM

When you search, that clears the sort function.

I wasn't in Faithlife, I used Logos, that way most of the normal functions are available. Begin by clicking LOGOS in the upper left corner. Then under STORE choose Browse All, which is under BOOKS. Then under RESOURCE TYPE, choose Faithlife Ebooks Classics. That will get you 3183 books. Choose your Sort and Items per page. Then in the website string at the top, add &unlocked=no and then click on your goto for your browser.

https://www.logos.com/products/search?Resource+Type=Faithlife+Ebooks+Classics&start=0&sort=pricehi&pageSize=60&unlocked=no

Most of these should work for your FC free book coupons. I added a few to my wish list in their own group. If you do another search, you'll have to resort and add &unlocked=no again.

Dale Heath

Posts 455
Robert Harner | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2018 6:46 PM

Dale E Heath:

Thanks for this, Dale. I have only 4 English language books left to choose. Going through 50 some pages to find them has been a pain. (although in 4 months I run out of books to get  Sad )

Posts 4800
doc | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 2 2018 7:05 PM

I have about 18 English language books left to choose from Robert. Hope the list is refreshed by the time you pick your last one up.

Robert Harner:

Dale E Heath:

Thanks for this, Dale. I have only 4 English language books left to choose. Going through 50 some pages to find them has been a pain. (although in 4 months I run out of books to get  Sad )

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS